Somerset (OK, Swedish really) Log Candles. For sale at this year's Festival. 1/3 off for eFesters

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sawdusty

Do you know if they allow you to use them in the campervan fields and if they do will you be selling them this weekend in at your Puriton Hill layby?

Just had a look at the extensive list of rules and regulations for the CV fields and there seems tobe no mention of fires....so probably allowed. Maybe someone on here can clarify.

I'll be inthe layby at Puriton this Fri to Sun :)

Text sent. We always want a campfire but we've had trouble finding firewood the last few years.

Back in the noughties there always used to be truck loads of free firewood piled up in various locations. I haven't seen that for years though. Does that still happen?

Just had a look at the extensive list of rules and regulations for the CV fields and there seems tobe no mention of fires....so probably allowed. Maybe someone on here can clarify.

I'll be inthe layby at Puriton this Fri to Sun :)

We always have a Tueaday night fire in CV East

No problem if you want one for the Tuesday, I'll be on site full time from the Saturday before the festival starts. even if you don't buy one, drop around for a cuppa :)

Hi, i also would like a large one for the Tues night. How do we get one from you if we can't access the festival site on Tuesday?

Hi, a while back I tested the water re the demand for log candles at Glastonbury. Seems there really is a demand. I'm going to be taking about 100 of them to the festival this year. They will be for sale at the bottom of the Croissant Neuf Field.

They are made from locally (Chard,Somerset) grown Larch, Spruce and Douglass Fir. Size wise the smallest are about 10" diameter by 17" high.They come with instructions (should you need them!) and an eco firelighter for east lighting. They will burn for two to four hours. I'll be selling that size for £12, but £8 to posters on here. There will also be some larger ones available.

They are a lovely focal point in your camp , at the Stone Circle or pretty much anywhere (NOT at the front of the crowd at a main stage!) It is just like a camp fire but much more contained and compact.You can toast marshmallows on them or even put a kettle or frying pan on top.

It will not damage the ground and leave a hole like a campfire. Holes from firepits are a hazard to the Worthy Farm herd of cows if not properly filled in afterwards.

If anyone is interested in the eFester's discount, this is how it works. You don't have to commit now, nor pay anything now. You can change your mind at any time. (Bloody hell, that sounds like the smallprint) If you think that you may like one, to get the eFester's discount just send me your eFest username by text to 07885139827.I will then try to reserve you one (should you want more than one, say so in the text)

When you come to buy one, just say you are an eFester and I'll be able to check texts and you'll get sorted out. This also means that if they are selling well I'll be able to text you at the festival to tell you to get your arse in to gear and buy one before they sell out.

Log%20Candle%2023.jpg

bump and nag .....old son lol

Just popped down to buy a couple, where are you ?

I popped down as well today. If you're around tomorrow morning, would be grateful if you could confirm on here, otherwise will try at the festival :-)

Damn. so sorry about that,,,was supposed to be there but a series of unfortunate events turned today in to curdled milk for me. I WILL be there tomorrow from about 10am onwards... If you can't make it and are going to be i the CV fields, pm me or text me which field and I'll drop off your order there in the care of stewards and you can pick them up when you arrive and sort me out when you pass by the Croissant Neuf Field.... Hope this helps.

J

Damn. so sorry about that,,,was supposed to be there but a series of unfortunate events turned today in to curdled milk for me. I WILL be there tomorrow from about 10am onwards... If you can't make it and are going to be i the CV fields, pm me or text me which field and I'll drop off your order there in the care of stewards and you can pick them up when you arrive and sort me out when you pass by the Croissant Neuf Field.... Hope this helps.

J

Am toing down to Highbridge tomorrow so will pop down and grab a couple. See you then