shangri-la

madbrain

We go through the Common. We made the mistake of trying through the railway track in 2013 on the Friday and iirc they had blocked it off. We must have spent about an hour going back and forth to the same two barriers only to be told NO. It was our first time so i could be completely wrong with that info.

But now looking at the map im not quite sure why it was so easy, the Common is at the arse end of the SE corner and it clearly says its the official way in. Unless we took the red line between where it says SouthEast Venue Area Access Point and the river. Take a look at last years map to see what i mean.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience can explain.

Don't you have to go through Bellas field to get anywhere near the SE corner venues? All of them? Didnt think they had their own entry points

This

Past 22:30 everyone has to go through Bellas Field (past the Cabaret Tent) and into the queuing system thing, then you end up in Glasto Latino and from there go through the Common and into Shangri La.

I THINK on the Thursday you can enter from the railway line as the queuing system isnt in place until Friday - or maybe I just went there earlier than 22:30.. cant remember

Edited by Harry3

So if you were to go from foos to shangri la which way would you go? I'm desperate to try out shangri la so I don't want to miss out, had a few friends last year who didn't get in

From foos? Genuinely, go and find a bar or somewhere til 1 ish. Then set off. You will be there for about 2 and it will not be the same crush.

You will then get in. Going at midnight is when the problems start for over crowding

From foos? Genuinely, go and find a bar or somewhere til 1 ish. Then set off. You will be there for about 2 and it will not be the same crush.

You will then get in. Going at midnight is when the problems start for over crowding

Apart from the friday night 2013 i haven't experienced this. I fully expected a queue on the saturday and we walked straight in. It was definetly through the common as the first thing we see was the temple ans the waterfall outside the cave. We walked up across the railway and into Shangri La.

Again i haven't been enough to really know so can only give my experience.

Edit. Think i've quoted the wrong post there.

Edited by Slugworth

We go through the Common. We made the mistake of trying through the railway track in 2013 on the Friday and iirc they had blocked it off. We must have spent about an hour going back and forth to the same two barriers only to be told NO. It was our first time so i could be completely wrong with that info.

But now looking at the map im not quite sure why it was so easy, the Common is at the arse end of the SE corner and it clearly says its the official way in. Unless we took the red line between where it says SouthEast Venue Area Access Point and the river. Take a look at last years map to see what i mean.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience can explain.

Not 100% but i think they changed layout since.I remember quing up 2011 back and fourth through barriers.But last year they spread the late nighr areas a bit.I cant remember any quing last year for anything.I was really drunk though

I only managed it during the day last time in 13 - Thursday night was ramble night and Friday and Saturday were the shit EDL disco event and a ramble and the Bimble Inn followed. Y Stone circle. I don't really like dance music so not too bothered but I am after seeing Cereone on the Thursday !

I seem to remember last time that the railway track was open for entry on Thursday, at least it still was when I ended up that way. Probably around 11pm. I don't know if they brought in the queue in 14 on Thursday but I seem to remember reading on the GF website that its only from Friday but I may be mistaken

• 4 weeks later...

The Shangers crew are saying they want us lot to play a big part this year, bring political banners, placards, daub the walls with messages. Take it over. Express your beliefs. Occupy Shangri La.