BEST AND WORST CAMPING SPOTS

TNT1970

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

It also stinks of shit and piss (both human and bovine) and then gets bombarded with seagull droppings every few hours. 

Cheers for the heads up, I'll have to have a rethink. Anywhere around that area that's slightly more pleasant? Kinda wanting to be fairly central

Although there is worse. Some people are disturbed. Check out the tents below. These cretins camp here every year. Sit out, drinking beers, chatting, eating. 24/7 noise of iron slamming every 3 seconds. 

Even in muddy years. They can't be 100% sure when they crawl out of their tents first thing in the morning that the slimy mess under their hands and feet isn't someone elses shit. 

P1180909%20(425x319).jpg

Edited by The Nal

Last year we camped in Paines Ground. Just to the side of the Park and just around the corner from Arcadia. Was a great spot.

Compost toilets not far away (but not too close), the Park and all its facilities just a short walk away and of course Arcadia just down the path. Yeah there was a lot of noise from Arcadia but didn't bother us much as we were there dancing most of the time anyway!

Bit of a Pennards feel to it too.. probably because a lot of the people there are overspill from Pennards.

Probably not a good spot if you want peace and quiet.

acamp.png

6 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I camp in Oxylers every year and it's fine. It's busy but if you don't mind that it's the best location. It will be pretty much full by 2 though.

Theres just the 4 of us going so busy may hopefully mean we may get talking to others, Tempted to give it a go though as it just seems central and near the places we'd like to be

2 hours ago, across97 said:

Theres just the 4 of us going so busy may hopefully mean we may get talking to others, Tempted to give it a go though as it just seems central and near the places we'd like to be

You might get lucky if your tents are small, even if it looks packed go exploring, you could find an empty patch that's not obvious from the tracks. 
Charm x

7 hours ago, Bradders said:

I camp in Oxylers every year and it's fine. It's busy but if you don't mind that it's the best location. It will be pretty much full by 2 though.

7 hours ago, across97 said:

Oxylers is fine man, you can camp far enough away from the bins and the toilets but close enough to have access to them. It's very ideal for finding your tent too and its ideal for the railway line/park/arcadia and JP/Pyramid areas not far away meaning Kasabah and Chamelon Bars are on the way too. Avalon Fields close enough and Shangri-La. 

There is footpaths everywhere and looking at to all the standing flags and the field has a great feel. Just across the railway line to park home ground is alright too. The only to think about with Oxylers is if is shits it down so a slight slant (the park home option might be good). But flat ground and no sliding of sleeping bags etc is a bonus.

On 11/06/2016 at 0:35 AM, thewayiam said:

Oxylers is fine man, you can camp far enough away from the bins and the toilets but close enough to have access to them. It's very ideal for finding your tent too and its ideal for the railway line/park/arcadia and JP/Pyramid areas not far away meaning Kasabah and Chamelon Bars are on the way too. Avalon Fields close enough and Shangri-La. 

There is footpaths everywhere and looking at to all the standing flags and the field has a great feel. Just across the railway line to park home ground is alright too. The only to think about with Oxylers is if is shits it down so a slight slant (the park home option might be good). But flat ground and no sliding of sleeping bags etc is a bonus.

Cheers for the advice man. Location wise Oxlyers and Park Home are my preferred. Fairly central and as you say those flags are quite cool and will have a good atmosphere surrounding them.

Fingers crossed I can find a spot in either of those areas. What gate would you say is best to enter through?

1 hour ago, across97 said:

Cheers for the advice man. Location wise Oxlyers and Park Home are my preferred. Fairly central and as you say those flags are quite cool and will have a good atmosphere surrounding them.

Fingers crossed I can find a spot in either of those areas. What gate would you say is best to enter through?

For Oxlyers and Park Home you're best heading for gate D :)

On 6/11/2016 at 1:07 AM, mjfromthelane said:

Our group seems to be going with South Park as the only non-Glasto virgins have recommended it. Whats it like down there?

Long walk home from most places, so not ideal if you want to pop back to the tent.  Ground slopes, varies by how much across the 2 fields.  Toilet provision was limited last time I was there in 2013.  If you are at the top of the hill it is the best view on the site, unparalleled and makes up for any minor inconveniences.

It is chilled at night, neighbours were friendly and respectful and every year it becomes a more popular destination.  Aim to get there early and grab one of the top row spots, there is nothing like standing there with a last drink at night looking out over it all before you hit the sack.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Long walk home from most places, so not ideal if you want to pop back to the tent.  Ground slopes, varies by how much across the 2 fields.  Toilet provision was limited last time I was there in 2013.  If you are at the top of the hill it is the best view on the site, unparalleled and makes up for any minor inconveniences.

It is chilled at night, neighbours were friendly and respectful and every year it becomes a more popular destination.  Aim to get there early and grab one of the top row spots, there is nothing like standing there with a last drink at night looking out over it all before you hit the sack.

Which part of South Park is the hill on? 

Both fields are on the hill, but the amount of slope varies, it's flatter at the top and bottom of the fields.  I slept with head uphill and had a bit of night time sliding down the tent but no dramas, this was at the very top

12 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Both fields are on the hill, but the amount of slope varies, it's flatter at the top and bottom of the fields.  I slept with head uphill and had a bit of night time sliding down the tent but no dramas, this was at the very top

Is Paines Ground (was Dairy Ground) hilly or relatively flat?

We're undecided on where to camp this year - past years have been near Silverhayes and was in a caravan an earlier year so West Campervan field. We have 1 six man tent so don't need loads of space, and we're looking for somewhere close enough to everything (not all-night raving but certainly don't want to be camped in a quiet area!). Love the Park area, so thought about being near to that...also looked on the map and looked at the bit that overlooks the Pyramid, which would also be a good plan in theory. We'd rather not be at the bottom of a massive hill incase the weather changes it's mind and need to be somewhere relatively easy to find as I'm categorically moronic when it comes to a sense of direction! 
 Any ideas chaps and chappettes? ;) It's all getting a bit bloody exciting now ain't it!!!

7 hours ago, across97 said:

No bother

6 hours ago, DAVA said:

For Oxlyers and Park Home you're best heading for gate D :)

Gate D probably although A for Park Home will be okay.....queues are worse though.