Secret resales 2015

Terence99

20 minutes ago, actionstations said:

just need to dress up as a giant twix and you'll get in easy

Treated myself to that story whilst soaking in the bath last night. Such a great read, but how he miraculously jumps over a hedge and lands on top of a selection of conveniently placed ladders, leaves me questioning some of it to be honest.

Just now, tombertb said:

haha how much are they?

About £3k per person!!  The amount of time I've spent lurking here / refreshing the website over the past fortnight, I don't think I'll have a job for much longer to pay it off either. Maybe not the wisest plan! 

4 minutes ago, Baloo12 said:

Currently veering madly between getting a credit card / taking out a loan to book hospitality tickets and paying £85 to buy a telescopic ladder. Terrible business, this. 

Get a mate to wheel you in on a trolley. I swear it's a good idea!!

5 minutes ago, Baloo12 said:

Currently veering madly between getting a credit card / taking out a loan to book hospitality tickets and paying £85 to buy a telescopic ladder. Terrible business, this. 

Lets join forces. Think I know the ideal route in... Scoped it out on the satallite images last night.

Edited by yehbutnobut
terrible use of an apostrophe
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

Lets join forces. Think I know the ideal route in... Scoped it out on the satallite images last night.

I would be interested in hearing your ideas. Apparently, the easiest way in is round the back of the Stone Circle. (That's what she said.)

1 minute ago, Baloo12 said:

I would be interested in hearing your ideas. Apparently, the easiest way in is round the back of the Stone Circle. (That's what she said.)

I believe it would be possible, but risky as! I live locally and managed to get to the outer fence one year, but had no way of getting over. You have to go at night, avoid roads and checkpoints, and especially spotlights!

2 minutes ago, Baloo12 said:

One thing I have noticed, the superfence at the top of the park area has been set back further this year so it's bordering the woodland.  No empty fields to run through in the open!

1 minute ago, Baloo12 said:

Am just about to start the commute home. Will report back later...

...could be one for the bucket list though.

Parked up in Tesco Shepton Mallet a few years ago in teh campervan, a few lads were standing in the next parking space. A car pulls up with a 'traders' parking ticket on the windscreen . One lad jumps in the front, the other puts his bottle of booze on the roof , then jump in the boot (hathcback). the driver of the car covers him with crates/blackets/bottles/shopping. They go to drive off

We jump out of van, and bang on the door of the car - the driver/passenger jump out of their skin, wind down their window to which we pass them the bottle that had been left of the roof, smile and shake their hand

Always wondered if the boy in the boot got in ok and had a great festival

Do traders cars and vans get searched on the way in every time ?

8 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yog mate, you are a fucking legend and I love you dearly!! I really don't think there will be any tickets on sale today and tomorrow is another day. I do hope you're feeling ok in your stonedness state!! 

I've ran out of up votes Curlygirl. 

I'm reasonably OK in my stonedness. Got a fair bit on my mind. I've come on here to get away from it. 

And you say that I'm mad? They'll easily lock you lot up before me. Everyone on this thread is doo lally. I mean that in the nicest possible way. If I you'll all allow me then I will plagiarize a line from Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream;

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

That's you lot, that is.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've ran out of up votes Curlygirl. 

I'm reasonably OK in my stonedness. Got a fair bit on my mind. I've come on here to get away from it. 

And you say that I'm mad? They'll easily lock you lot up before me. Everyone on this thread is doo lally. I mean that in the nicest possible way. If I you'll all allow me then I will plagiarize a line from Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream;

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

That's you lot, that is.

:wub:

Also, "You have to be odd to be number 1"

I haven't been to Glastonbury since 2014 (we got married in 2015 and couldn't afford it and then had to give up our 2016 tickets due to husband's work) and this thread is making me want to go back even more than I thought possible (feeling emotional about it this afternoon!). I sincerely hope that we all manage to get tickets and would genuinely love a meet up to happen so we can all have a cider or 5 together :D 

• Upvote 1