Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I

10 minutes ago, billum said:

Oh sorry, that's a competition - should've read it before posting! :(

I just entered this competition only to get the answer wrong. This just sums up my last 25 hours really 

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep ... there was someone in the efests chatroom that told me a few minutes after start time that See had cocked things up and he'd got his tickets that way ... I pretty much ignored him for ten minutes, but then became convinced that see had cocked it up, so went back and quizzed him some more, checked out what he said stood up and wasn't a fraud of some kind, and then  publicised it here.

I later found out that See were scratching their heads wondering why no one was buying, when suddenly a flood of sales came thru from those who'd edited their hosts file .... which completely confused them, and caused them to take longer to find what the issue was.

It was fixed about an hour into the sale, I think, and in that time it was an easy buy for anyone who used that route.

Bossman at See (who I'd been chatty with via email and occasionally phone before then) went absolutely mental at me for telling my users but not telling him, and he hasn't spoken to me again. :(

That was brilliant. I wish that happened every year. Done and dusted within a couple of minutes of editing the host file. It was surreal to get through without having to wait for each screen.

Just now, M_Il said:

I

I just entered this competition only to get the answer wrong. This just sums up my last 25 hours really 

I like that you have to put some degree of thought into the answer, unlike a lot of competitions you see online. I also noted that if you googled 'inventor flush toilet' the first wiki entry was wrong! 
Hope you have another email account to try again with

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That was brilliant. I wish that happened every year. Done and dusted within a couple of minutes of editing the host file. It was surreal to get through without having to wait for each screen.

My friend exploited that loop hole that year. I was so pleased because I didn't get through at all!

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I just remember thinking at first "is this a scam, someone has mirrored the site so that they can take all the card details, how else could I get through so easily", then being sure that I'm on seetickets.com and it must be legit, and reading the explanation. It was great that year.

37 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

You would have been more upset if you were there on time and STILL missed out. I had typed everything out went to pay and got the message "no adult tickets available" literally I could not have been faster, I was just unlucky.

Takes me 2 minutes to unlock my wallet and get my card out. 

I just wasn't organised enough yesterday as I didn't think the secret sale wouldn't happen till next week with coach tickets going first before general tickets 

I'll still get to enjoy this years festival and my friends can look out for me on TV again B)

1 hour ago, emilyboris said:

I'm at uni in Nottingham but have been home for the sales, which I regret now. Always tempted to head there and knock on their door with a big cake and a 'pretty pleaaase' but if anything I think it'd damage the chances.

There's normally 3 people in the house trying for tickets (regardless of who's going) but my friends either decide too late that they want to go or are totally useless. Almost feels like I'll never get another ticket!

If you're good at making cakes you could open a market stall at Glastonbury.... At least that gets you a ticket. 

The WI cakes were rather moreish last year and the portions were huge if you went towards the end of the day :popcorn:

1 minute ago, Jennings74 said:

If you're good at making cakes you could open a market stall at Glastonbury.... At least that gets you a ticket. 

The WI cakes were rather moreish last year and the portions were huge if you went towards the end of the day :popcorn:

I think that might require a bit of a better set up (and a bit more cash) than I currently have...

It's probably a bit sad that food will be one of the top things I miss not going. Went through the confirmed food stalls thread earlier and regretted it

5 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Pauline fowlers growler was what I lived for at Glastonbury (hopefully those that have been get this reference!)

i feel for my health at Glastonbury, largely because of how many growlers i consume. 

23 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

Without blowing my own trumpet I am quite the cook/baker. I think I can also sing fairly well too. Surely I can mash these things together and create a service for Glastonbury. I also need to stop drinking as soon as I get in from work. 

20 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I think that might require a bit of a better set up (and a bit more cash) than I currently have...

It's probably a bit sad that food will be one of the top things I miss not going. Went through the confirmed food stalls thread earlier and regretted it

have you got a link for the confirmed food thread?

13 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

You need to try the Jamaican place.I can't remember the name but it does lovely goat curry and jerk chicken!

Ah I've had that, it's great! There's a really good place that does falafel wraps too with hummus which are tasty. Growlers sorted my mornings out

34 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Pauline fowlers growler was what I lived for at Glastonbury (hopefully those that have been get this reference!)

If I had a quid for every I heard the guy with the west country accent shout Growler I would be a very rich man.

39 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Those Hippy chips is just a van with an open window, same with the toasted cheese people ..... Very over priced but very tasty. 

Out of interest, how many people tend to be successful on here on the original sale?

I used to go every year from 04 to 09 and it was always fairly easy, it was a pain and sometimes took ages, but generally anyone that wanted one got one and if you were unlucky you'd definitely get one in the resale.

I was always under the impression that since the site capacity was extended, it would be easier, but now it seems even harder.

I've tried the October sale twice in a row now and failed both times. Luckily this year I got a coach ticket in April which was actually fairly easy, but the October one is an absolute nightmare.

6 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Luckily this year I got a coach ticket in April which was actually fairly easy, but the October one is an absolute nightmare.

As alway how you perceive it is largely related to your success,  so others succeeded in October when you failed and vice versa with the April resale.  

At the moment every year the number of people trying increases,  so there's certainly more competition.