Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

There have been some this week, but they appear to be gone. At least, there aren't any for sale right now.

Even if they are all gone, there are alternative campsites on the edge of the site that will host your campervan.

During the "flash" sale yesterday the "East smaller" van tickets had sold before the end, but the larger ones (for "East") were there.  However, shortly after the end of the sale, even they were gone ...

Having said that, this is what I see when I go through from the "extras" page:

Glastonbury FOrum Post - 13.05.2016.png

So sorry to ask but please can someone fill me in on what's happened today? Trying to scroll back through thread but only have phone and rubbish signal. Just came off 45 mile charity bike ride - first time on a bike for six years and my bum will never be the same. Neil and siblin's alerts kept going off but after the first few times my friends took my phone away as I was holding everyone up! Were there any more sales? I'm still keeping the faith until all hope is defo gone!

1 minute ago, Tessar said:

So sorry to ask but please can someone fill me in on what's happened today? Trying to scroll back through thread but only have phone and rubbish signal. Just came off 45 mile charity bike ride - first time on a bike for six years and my bum will never be the same. Neil and siblin's alerts kept going off but after the first few times my friends took my phone away as I was holding everyone up! Were there any more sales? I'm still keeping the faith until all hope is defo gone!

Just now, MadScientist said:

was there another sale today? 

Nothing and nope

Just now, MadScientist said:

Hm just wondering cos I got some notifications from siblin in my emails, perhaps it was a delayed one from yesterday?

Nah it was just the pages updating with 'extras' going on/off sale and edited.

I believe there was a re-appearance of the infamous coach link earlier today, but the same 'deposit required' message. It was fairly brief. No real excitement of any sort since

2 hours ago, Jennings74 said:

I missed out yesterday by a matter of minutes. I was trying for friends who are not very Internet savvy. I'm a bit disappointed as is everyone who didn't get a ticket but if there is one positive I can dig out from my ashes of failure is EVERY ticket has gone to a genuine festival goer. No ticket touts buying them up in bulk to resell on fleabay or those 'official' resale ticket tout sites. 

It is annoying and frustrating but WELL DONE to those who got lucky 

You would have been more upset if you were there on time and STILL missed out. I had typed everything out went to pay and got the message "no adult tickets available" literally I could not have been faster, I was just unlucky.

2 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

You would have been more upset if you were there on time and STILL missed out. I had typed everything out went to pay and got the message "no adult tickets available" literally I could not have been faster, I was just unlucky.

Mine was the same, I was shaking

3 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

Well done! 45 miles is no small feat for a first time in a while!

Thanks - I kept going thinking of all the money we were raising for Hampshire air ambulance - an essential service for those of us who live in the middle of nowhere and far from an a&e and totally funded by the public.

16 minutes ago, Tessar said:

CV tickets sold out. Otherwise, nada.

8 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

what happened? Do we know?

No sales at all today as far as I'm aware. Seetickets haven't flat out ruled out a chance of any resale, but I'm kinda leaning towards there not being another one. Saying that, signed up to Neil's page checker in an act of desperate hope.

Edited by brain yolk!

2 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Does anyone know where to find people looking for stall volunteers?

I have a feeling a lot of the traders would have found people I saw a few on Facebook earlier in the week but when I messaged they had sourced people already

1 hour ago, musky said:

My brother is a senior systems analyst at a company that does traffic management systems, and I asked him how he'd handle the sort of traffic equivalent to a medium scale DoS attack, but keep the system fair. He said he'd cycle through IP addresses, which would limit the number of requests hitting the server at any one. For him it was a no brainer. 

That's not to say the See do it this way of course but if they did, a range of IP addresses would be an advantage. Although to really exploit that you'd have to know how they cycled through the IPs. 

Just been thinking about this some more.....

While cycling thru IP addresses might be the best possible solution for that sort of heavy traffic management (I've no real idea), its flaws as a method are jumping out at me. For example...

All of the NHS uses a single IP address as its public (http) gateway.

One or more of the phone networks channel all of the data traffic thru a handful of IPs (or at least did).

Etc, etc, etc.

I can see why they might have arrived at cycling thru IPs as a solution tho, as there can't be too many options.