Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 hours ago, SophRobin said:

Hi!

Can someone direct me to details for the Whatsapp group? I'd love to be added.

Thanks in advance,

Sophie

It all proved ineffective this year though. The alerts came in at about the same time as last year (1-2 minutes), but by that time the sale was closed. :(

1 hour ago, Chaaaris123 said:

I first went in 2011 and was just given a wristband by my uncle who was a paramedic there.

Then in 2013 we bought our tickets from Eavis's granddaughter as my boyfriend vaguely knows her.

2014 I got lucky in the April resale after no luck in Oct and same again last year.

This year was the first year I've managed to get them in Oct and as I said earlier managed to get on 3 times! Just complete luck!

I also got on 3 times in general in October! Was the first year I've ever got on for general in the 6 years I've tried. Brought a 6, then the other's had already been brought. April had no sniff for general though but have brought coach tickets in both coach sales. Would typically be the chap who needs his ticket near close of play :/ currently he's due to be watching it at home alone lol. 

2013 - First sale (plus got through again for someone else), then gave up my ticket as my friend didn't want to go, and I didn't know what I was giving up.

2014 - First sale

2015 - Failed first sale, got disillusioned by how many friends gave up after that, didn't renew Glastonbury determination til June when I got a volunteer spot.

2016 - Failed first sale, failed resale, failed unannounced sale... Never tried coach sale, I shall from now on. Emailed the people I worked for last year, they have said I can do it again this year, although the're essentially full. :)

3 minutes ago, Simpo said:

2013 - First sale (plus got through again for someone else), then gave up my ticket as my friend didn't want to go, and I didn't know what I was giving up.

2014 - First sale

2015 - Failed first sale, got disillusioned by how many friends gave up after that, didn't renew Glastonbury determination til June when I got a volunteer spot.

2016 - Failed first sale, failed resale, failed unannounced sale... Never tried coach sale, I shall from now on. Emailed the people I worked for last year, they have said I can do it again this year, although the're essentially full. :)

I'm in same situation in that I can do some work....however I will be on my own unless I can talk my husband into it....

4 minutes ago, Simpo said:

2014 - First sale

Ive done 11 Glastonburys in a row but this year I'm still without a ticket.Ive been sat on this thread with all sufficient alerts and whatnot for four days .I got my details in yesterday but ultimately not quick enough.

Im curious about volunteering .What line of work was your job last year ? 

And how did you manage to get a spot so late in the day last year?

1 minute ago, bianco said:

Ive done 11 Glastonburys in a row but this year I'm still without a ticket.Ive been sat on this thread with all sufficient alerts and whatnot for four days .I got my details in yesterday but ultimately not quick enough.

Im curious about volunteering .What line of work was your job last year ? 

And how did you manage to get a spot so late in the day last year?

Cleaning the compost loos. Indeed. There were very few horror stories tbh, lots of them were backstage and well taken care of. The hardest part was so much walking and physical work.

Last year was the first time they've done such a big operation at Glastonbury, with over 1000 toilets and a decent amount of staff. So a lot of their preparation got done last minute, including a last minute staff grab. With people disappearing and forfeiting their deposit, there were also people arrving mid-fest. They are more prepared this time, which should mean less hard work for me.

8 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Cleaning the compost loos. Indeed. There were very few horror stories tbh, lots of them were backstage and well taken care of. The hardest part was so much walking and physical work.

Last year was the first time they've done such a big operation at Glastonbury, with over 1000 toilets and a decent amount of staff. So a lot of their preparation got done last minute, including a last minute staff grab. With people disappearing and forfeiting their deposit, there were also people arrving mid-fest. They are more prepared this time, which should mean less hard work for me.

Ill keep my eye peeled .

Thanks for the reply

I can't see there not being another resale.

Glastonbury and Seetickets would just say, there's no more tickets if there wasn't, if anything just to stop people emailing them about it.

Of course it may well be the case that any future resales will be as shortlived as yeaterday's so it's a case of luck I guess.

There has been the opportunity for See or Glastonbury to explicitly say no more tickets and I remember still seeing work/volunteer positions available close to the festival starting last year, so I think there is a glimmer of hope albeit probably a small glimmer

36 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

I can't see there not being another resale.

Glastonbury and Seetickets would just say, there's no more tickets if there wasn't, if anything just to stop people emailing them about it.

Of course it may well be the case that any future resales will be as shortlived as yeaterday's so it's a case of luck I guess.

The only thing is they may not be able to officially confirm there are no tickets left yet, due to payments still processing etc. We're all hoping it means there are still some left or that some get returned and that's why they can't say they're sold out, but it could mean that they can't 'rule it out' but will confirm either over the weekend or Monday that they're gone. 

34 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

I wouldn't read anything into that at all.

From the perspective of GFL and/or See, there would be no benefit whatsoever in saying that. It absolutely wouldn't stop people emailing them, or from checking the pages. If it's not what people want to hear, then they'll find reasons to discount the statement.

Plus, I doubt it's even possible to be definitive - even if they currently have no intention whatsoever of selling any more tickets, it's always possible that could change for one reason or another pretty much right up until the festival starts. In which case having put out a statement like that would force a backtrack.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

I wouldn't read anything into that at all.

From the perspective of GFL and/or See, there would be no benefit whatsoever in saying that. It absolutely wouldn't stop people emailing them, or from checking the pages. If it's not what people want to hear, then they'll find reasons to discount the statement.

Plus, I doubt it's even possible to be definitive - even if they currently have no intention whatsoever of selling any more tickets, it's always possible that could change for one reason or another pretty much right up until the festival starts. In which case having put out a statement like that would force a backtrack.

Last year the official site did post after about 20 minutes that there would be no more resales, but you're right. For all we know that statement might have come back to bite them in the arse. We already know that what has happened previously isn't necessarily a guide to what will happen this time round so, as much as I dislike admitting it, we can't read to much into the lack of a definitive statement.

Damn. :(

7 minutes ago, musky said:

Last year the official site did post after about 20 minutes that there would be no more resales, but you're right. For all we know that statement might have come back to bite them in the arse. We already know that what has happened previously isn't necessarily a guide to what will happen this time round so, as much as I dislike admitting it, we can't read to much into the lack of a definitive statement.

Damn. :(

But we live in hope. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mickball said:

Does anybody know what happens the returned tickets covered by the ticket-plan cancellation policy? Are they put back in the pot or just written off? 

I'd imagine the amount of those tickets being returned is minuscule anyway.

Let's hope in the pot!!!!