The crazy camper van thread

Martin Ashford

The place to discuss your camper van lifestyle issues, van tips, and more. Mine is .....you guessed it..... A SWIFT Kon Tiki. I bloody loves it. The buzz of driving it down to Somerset cannot be beaten.

The place to discuss your camper van lifestyle issues, van tips, and more. Mine is .....you guessed it..... A SWIFT Kon Tiki. I bloody loves it. The buzz of driving it down to Somerset cannot be beaten.

I've just looked up SWIFT Kon Tiki. That's a beauty of a campervan. I've got a converted LWB Transit campervan and both me and my wife love going away in it. Last weekend we even stayed the Friday night in it on someone's front drive because we preferred to be in the campervan than in the spare bedroom of the people we were visiting. Although we are not going to Glastonbury this year my wife informs me that any future attendance will have to be in the campervan (I have always camped at Glastonbury).

It all makes sense now. You're a motorhome salesman for the Swiftgroup and all the Taylor Swift talk is a way to get the name in our subconscious. Very clever.

It all makes sense now. You're a motorhome salesman for the Swiftgroup and all the Taylor Swift talk is a way to get the name in our subconscious. Very clever.

Not quite but I would make a great salesman as I love the things with a passionate frenzy (is that Zappa?). We still have lots of camping gear but you can't beat a van - use it in all weatherS. We sleep so well in it. My wife calls it van syndrome.

bought our first motorhome just to go to glasto in 2007,loved it so much we got a new bigger one for 2009 and its had a lot us use since then, i've actually lived in it full time for the last 2 winters up in Scotland. Feels like a second home:) Even though its a 6 berth we still feel like we need more room now we have the 2 kids, it does get cramped but would never think of not having one, perfect for long trips down south to see the family. Would recommend to anyone!

A reasonable T2 Bay starts at around £6k (probably about 40 yr old ) a 60s splitscreen fully restored can fetch £35 to £40k !!!!

A T2 at £6k would be a total dog. you're probably talking £10k-£12k for one that's worth buying nowadays. On garage forecourts you're talking £16k and more.

You can pay plenty more more than £6k for a half-decent T25 ... I recently saw a diesel T25 with a tacky and worn plastic fit-out and not in the best shape overall priced at over £7k.

A T2 at £6k would be a total dog. you're probably talking £10k-£12k for one that's worth buying nowadays. On garage forecourts you're talking £16k and more.

You can pay plenty more more than £6k for a half-decent T25 ... I recently saw a diesel T25 with a tacky and worn plastic fit-out and not in the best shape overall priced at over £7k.

All very true.

• 1 month later...