Most Unpopular Headliners in Recent Years

st dan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how late did he pull out?

From memory it was weeks rather than days, but it was in the near run up.

I thought snow patrol taking over most of blur's set at TITP the other year was bad!

Blur still played 90% of their set, though. They dropped a couple of the MLIR nbumbers, but otherwise it was near identical to the Glasto setlist.

Just taking a look at some of the older line ups, Ash headlined in '97, and Kula Shaker played 2 big slots that weekend. Thats absolutely woeful.

Only because Steve Winwood had a note from his mum saying he was too poorly to headline: Ash were bumped up & Kula Shaker stuck around from the previous night & took their place.

Just taking a look at some of the older line ups, Ash headlined in '97, and Kula Shaker played 2 big slots that weekend. Thats absolutely woeful.

to be fair 97 was meant to be Neil Young but he pulled out late through injury and Ash and Kula Shaker filled his slot on the Sunday night having already played Other Stage on the Friday/Saturday. I think other Pyramid headliners that year were Radiohead and The Prodigy

to be fair 97 was meant to be Neil Young but he pulled out late through injury and Ash and Kula Shaker filled his slot on the Sunday night having already played Other Stage on the Friday/Saturday. I think other Pyramid headliners that year were Radiohead and The Prodigy

Neil Young was meant to be on before Steve Winwood, sadly both stacked it but Winwood cancelled even later than Shakey.

Bullshit.

It was easier to get tickets for this year, after Metallica. They're a band that have managed to take Glasto headliner expectations back down to earth.

So after this Kanye announcement would you expect it to be even easier to get tickets next year?

I didnt see Rod but just looking at the setlist now and it's not all bad......a couple of Faces songs, a couple of Tom Waits covers...

I was hoping for a fun sing along, but the band sounded terrible. It was so bad......just thinking about that poor end to the festival...

I'm going off to find a dark corner to have a little cry

Edited by Boopickledaddy

Verve?

They surprised me how good they were. Really nailed it in my opinion, especially considering they were following one of the all time great performances (admittedly I was on a massive high after leonard cohen so probably would have enjoyed anything).

I dont think there was much of an outcry when they were announced either, just a standard headliner reaction.

Bullshit.

It was easier to get tickets for this year, after Metallica. They're a band that have managed to take Glasto headliner expectations back down to earth.

I dunno, it seems like more 'regulars' didn't manage to get tickets this year? Admitedly the sample size isn't great, but it seemed like more people didn't manage this year.

Edited by LondonTom

So after this Kanye announcement would you expect it to be even easier to get tickets next year?

I'd imagine that Kanye's 120 minutes of Glastonbury fame will be heavily publicised by the BBC across the pond this year, I reckon there'll be a surge of rich yanks trying for 2016 tickets

Edited by wirralchris