Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are rumours o'plenty that RHCP will be doing festivals earlier on in the summer. Not to say that'd rule out coming back later in summer but I could see 'em just doing a big MK Bowl/Knebworth gig in June and calling it at that for UK.

I have bumped them out of my prediction for Muse, who do seem an obvious candidate. Uncertain as to what's going on with Kanye and starting to believe Biffy will come back too. Think Foals/Biffy/Muse would be a good set with the R+L audience.

I just don't see the cause for Biffy coming back so soon, as I mentioned a few days ago. Muse are an obvious choice to me, Foals will probably do it and the last is the main issue for discussion imo. 

how i feel about it too. Biffy coming back after three years seems pointless, and would weaken an already weakish set of headliners (what with Foals making the step up). think the third will be somebody who's either not done it for a while or not done it at all

Yeah, there are enough people who question Foals as headliners without bringing Biffy back so early too. I can see the third (presuming Foals and Muse) being just a solid, typical R+L older act. RHCP fit the bill, although dentalplan's rumours could put a spanner in those works. 

is anyone else thinking 5SOS? As much as I dislike them, they seem pretty likely for a headliner. They've got a new album just out, the hype surrounding them is absolutely massive and they're DESPERATE to be taken seriously as a "punk"/"alternative" band, surely R&L would help with their "we play pop music but we're not a pop band!! we're so punk!!!" image. Plus, they've done basically no festivals since exploding onto the scene, R&L seems like the place to start before moving onto the likes of V and Glasto? 

My only other predictions (considering nothing but the fact they'll have new material and there's a lack of summer touring schedule) are Tonight Alive, The 1975 and State Champs. 

is anyone else thinking 5SOS? As much as I dislike them, they seem pretty likely for a headliner. They've got a new album just out, the hype surrounding them is absolutely massive and they're DESPERATE to be taken seriously as a "punk"/"alternative" band, surely R&L would help with their "we play pop music but we're not a pop band!! we're so punk!!!" image. Plus, they've done basically no festivals since exploding onto the scene, R&L seems like the place to start before moving onto the likes of V and Glasto? 

My only other predictions (considering nothing but the fact they'll have new material and there's a lack of summer touring schedule) are Tonight Alive, The 1975 and State Champs. 

Haha MEGALOLZ