Lineup 2016

Matt42

Yeah I'm not sure how much demand there really is for RHCP in 2015. Sure, they're a massive band, but I don't think they've made many new fans in the last decade so would they be that big a deal to your average R/L audience? 

I do think they're a much tighter live act than they used to be though. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, foolee said:

That's what I was thinking of doing but not until the end of December (that's if the deposit scheme , just unsure whether it'd sell too quick with a reformed GNR as that would be some coupe! Obviously if it is actually GNR.

Would be some pretty in demand headliners especially if they were on UK exclusives. If they turn up on time and Axl can sing well I think that R&L Couldn't have done better. 

Don't agree with the TDCC comment though, think it could almost be The Vaccines round 2 as they were tipped to sub but played much lower slots than expected and if it is true that it'll be Foals/Disclosure/The 1975, RHCP/ID and GNR I would expect a heavier sub. Either Enter Shikari, Thirty Seconds To Mars with A Day To Remember or Frank Turner 3rd down.

A lot of the reasoning behind weekend tickets is that day tickets would fly at £70 a ticket when its a full day and not just a few bands like their own outdoor show so if they're gone, weekend tickets is your only way.

You might be right about TDCC but we shall see there and for GNR, while I wouldn't be surpised at that 3, I do agree a heavier sub is more likely. I'd love it to be The Prodigy but I feel they may spend less and get a lesser option. Of course if it isn't GNR tomorrow, if the rest is to be believed then it won't be later on either.

6 hours ago, justanothername said:

Think it is time to go to bed mate

Well it was yeah, I was up 5. Thanks for your input though. 

5 hours ago, LondonTom said:

ccef0a528f37c5e0f0629e78ee9d939ace8ff0c1

The Same RHCP who had to practically give away tickets at Knebworth a few years ago?

You don't beed to give a fuck, I'm the one with those thoughts not you so as long as I give a fuck :-)))

So did Blur at HP on the back of a new album.....and what?!

4 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

For anyone interested in Biffy/where their next album might take them popularity wise.

Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-34-11.png

Do you believe that? Bands always outline new avenues and trendy artists they're inspired by, and somehow it always sounds like they've tried to replicate their previous album.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Do you believe that? Bands always outline new avenues and trendy artists they're inspired by, and somehow it always sounds like their they've tried to replicate their previous album.

I think it sounds more sincere than when he said they were doing a reggae death metal album.

Not that I think it will sound like those bands, but it's interesting that they're drawing inspiration from them for it.

I do think it will fit in a lot closer with the first 3 albums than 2nd 3 personally. Well I hope so anyway.

4 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

November seems so far away, considering the festival announcements I'd have expected them to be doing something in the UK before the Summer.

Nah lots of bands start off with the festivals then announce winter arena dates after they've done those. Mumfords this year for example.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

I just had my money on them taking a similar route to Opposites. I also don't want to wait nearly another year to see them again :(

But they'll surely be doing a festival or outdoor show and perhaps a couple of small things here and there when the album is close so I don't see the problem, unless you just really want to see them in an arena. :P

I still reckon they'll do R+L for what its worth. Unless raw knows his beans about Green Day, but I'm going for Biff and the three DanWilcox told us.

Anyone have any idea if the later announcements will be announced on Radio 1?

Wonder who this band is if they changed the announcement time due to their demands.

Kanye or Guns n Roses for me. 

The first announcement has to explode social media so moving it to 8am is a very bold move in my opinion. Just look at the effect of Stone Roses on T for example. It has to be something big!

1 hour ago, #FreeComTruise said:

I just had my money on them taking a similar route to Opposites. I also don't want to wait nearly another year to see them again :(

I'm going to see them NYE in Edinburgh. Starting to pick up their instruments before the albums made to get back in the swing of things.

Biffy will be somewhere in the uk this summer. Whether that's BST, a small stadium tour or a festival. 

If they've been booked for an arena tour in November it's more than likely going to be festivals or a day BST.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

But they'll surely be doing a festival or outdoor show and perhaps a couple of small things here and there when the album is close so I don't see the problem, unless you just really want to see them in an arena. :P

I still reckon they'll do R+L for what its worth. Unless raw knows his beans about Green Day, but I'm going for Biff and the three DanWilcox told us.

Agreed. Not sure why we've all got so convinced GnR will be there. If they're anywhere in the UK it'll be IOW imo. Would also explain their shite headliners so far.