The "Ryan Adams is awesome and should play Glasto" thread

Justiceforcedave

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to 'Heartbreaker' now, had no idea 'To be young (is to be sad, is to be high)' was his song. Great stuff, reminds me of Tom Petty a bit

yeah theres some great stuff, a couple of his later albums are a bit poor tho...he suffers a bit from quality control! self titled album is a return to form

Saw him in Glasgow last month, it was an absolutely brilliant show. Been a fan since Gold so it was great to finally see him live. It was an all-seated effort, very stripped back and quiet so I'm interested to see what the set list is going to be like as I imagine he'll need to jump it up a couple of notches.

Whatever happens he's down as one of my 'must-sees'.

Love is Hell is bloody amazing! Very dark and beautiful. The ones that will stand you best in terms of what he will play are as:

Ryan Adams: Self Titled

Heartbreaker

Cold Roses

I would also recommend having a listen to Demolition.

He won't play anything off it but it's a great listen.

Saw him in Glasgow last month, it was an absolutely brilliant show. Been a fan since Gold so it was great to finally see him live. It was an all-seated effort, very stripped back and quiet so I'm interested to see what the set list is going to be like as I imagine he'll need to jump it up a couple of notches.

Whatever happens he's down as one of my 'must-sees'.

a vid of his Coachella set at the weekend was posted 1 or 2 pages back, worked pretty well on an outdoor stage in the brightness.

i can't imagine the Glasto crowd will be going too wild during Dirty Rain tbf :lol:

i see the video was removed from that link, so here it is elsewhere:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mj8hy_ryan-adams-coachella-2015_music

Ryan Adams rain themed super post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0i3LyJXAjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J4GPnmYy_0

Edited by Justiceforcedave

He plays it most of the time.

Easy Tiger was the album that got me into him.

Excellent! I bought tickets to see him in March - I thought it was May and completely messed up on that one so looking forward to seeing him here

My father is a big big fan and I've had Gold and Heartbreaker embedded into my brain for years! Love him, the new record is some of his best stuff yet