Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, rwoo said:

Has anyone been to Document in Bristol yet? Not sure if they’ve had any events yet or not but going to the Bugged Out day in a couple of weeks time and curious to know what the A/V setups like

I'm itching to get there. I love the fact that they're doing day parties. Just waiting for the right event...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Awww, thanks, man! Yeah, pretty much everything I've read suggests the sound system is off the charts good. 

That's excellent. I'm guessing will grab something to eat after the Barbican before heading over to FOLD, maybe looking to get there around midnight. That's dialled up the raveometer a treat! 

Re: security - any advice beyond usual procedures? I've read one account of someone (male, I'm presuming) getting the sort of genital examination I would hope is only usually undertaken in a professional capacity by people like me... 🤪

Ben

Nothing more than usual procedure when ive been!

16 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Awww, thanks, man! Yeah, pretty much everything I've read suggests the sound system is off the charts good. 

That's excellent. I'm guessing will grab something to eat after the Barbican before heading over to FOLD, maybe looking to get there around midnight. That's dialled up the raveometer a treat! 

Re: security - any advice beyond usual procedures? I've read one account of someone (male, I'm presuming) getting the sort of genital examination I would hope is only usually undertaken in a professional capacity by people like me... 🤪

Ben

I’d mirror everything MadDog says - great venue, never had any problems getting in or heard of that at ticketed events, and never noticed security being anything out of the ordinary. I’d also guess capacity at being more than 500, but don’t know for sure.

Have a great night sir!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For anyone looking to locate Ben. Go to the point on the dancefloor that's sweatiest and with optimum audio quality. You'll see the friendliest guy with a record label or band t-shirt on, giving it loads. That's him.

I'm so typecast! I've already decided which t-shirt I'm wearing*! And shorts, obvs!

Ben

*Ecstatic Records, Hulk-green shirt with label logo on front and a purple square on the back. It's reeeeally nice!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

Looking forward to reviews @bennyhana22 @robahht

I'm yet to go - need to get down there eventually

Just seen Kettama has been announced there but doubt that will be the standard Fold experience, instead full of aussies!

I'm looking forward to writing one! Been ages since my last epistle in here, and with reviews of two highly regarded clubs to which I've never been before, I should have lots to say!

Ben

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm looking forward to writing one! Been ages since my last epistle in here, and with reviews of two highly regarded clubs to which I've never been before, I should have lots to say!

Ben

Have you not done fabric either!? Surprised by that i must say

Great place. Crowd should be great for that b2b, was very strange when i went a few months ago (was just before xmas so packed with tourists and students)

23 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

FOLD - advice please, gang

Anyone been to FOLD a few times and have a good idea about the place? 

I'm going next week and am very excited! Been wanting to go for ages and so am pretty hyped for Call Super and Courtesy in what sounds like an amazing venue.

But...

Been reading a few reviews online and there does appear to be quite different experiences for people. Lots of talk of getting refused at the door, discrimination etc, which seems out of keeping with what I perceive as being a very inclusive 'Berlin-style' club. Is this a thing? Is it just for non-ticketed events? Online it suggests that the capacity is 550, whereas, at the time of writing, RA seem to have sold 602 tickets and you can still buy up to 6 for the event on DICE. I do NOT want to rock up there and find that we can't get in, or that the door staff do not consider my mate and me as the 'right' type of people to come in. In other words, have we got a Berghain situation here? Obviously the German Temple is different as it's purely a buy-on-the-door arrangement (unless you're on the guest list), and its door policy is well known and understood. I bought our tickets quite a while ago and we've been getting very excited about it.

So, do you think there will be any issues? My mate and I are not queer, but we are, obviously, bloody lovely and exactly the sort of straight white males they would like to be there to contribute to the community!!

Any experiences and/or advice would be hugely appreciated.

It's due to be one hell of a day/night, starting at the Barbican seeing Alessandro Cortini supported by current Midas-touched ambient/drone wunderkind, KMRU, then to FOLD, finishing off our night at fabric for the latter stages of Villalobos b2b Craig Richards' 10-hour set!

Put my mind at rest, E/D faithful...

Ben
xx

Just to add to what has already been said, went along for Ben UFO last August and had a great time.

Didn't notice anything out of the norm on queues or security.

Venue that evening had a great vibe and from what I remember sound was excellent.

Enjoy!

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

Have you not done fabric either!? Surprised by that i must say

Great place. Crowd should be great for that b2b, was very strange when i went a few months ago (was just before xmas so packed with tourists and students)

It's Laandan, innit?!

And I'm old. And my job is still shifts!

😄

Yeah, looking forward to hearing RV on that sound system, that's for sure.

Ben
x

21 minutes ago, GreyHawk said:

Just to add to what has already been said, went along for Ben UFO last August and had a great time.

Didn't notice anything out of the norm on queues or security.

Venue that evening had a great vibe and from what I remember sound was excellent.

Enjoy!

Thanks, @GreyHawk! Just need to control my excitement and somehow get through the next 7 days without wishing my life away!

Ben

21 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

+1 Bicep IICON. They've already done Arcadia, imagine they're having fun going around the different stages.

Overmono had their own visuals, Bicep should be able to too.

I’ve been predicting this for months - it absolutely makes sense!

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I would like this guy to show up somewhere

💯 

Child 1 told me that Mr Oaks might have some somewhat questionable behaviour towards women in his past...which always makes me feel slightly awkward. 

As a DJ, pretty much always all-vinyl, he was excellent when I saw him in the Archive at WHP. 

Ben

On 2/2/2024 at 10:27 AM, bennyhana22 said:

I'm so typecast! I've already decided which t-shirt I'm wearing*! And shorts, obvs!

Ben

*Ecstatic Records, Hulk-green shirt with label logo on front and a purple square on the back. It's reeeeally nice!

That’s prepared, I’ll keep an eye out! 

36 minutes ago, e_p said:

I’m hoping that this is the year they finally get some hard stuff on some of the bigger dance stages.  And not at 5am 🤣🤣

Ah here, staying out all night and going to bed at 8am is one of the best things about Glasto!

• Upvote 1