2015 wish lists?

riverlodge

I'm a bit worried about Sufjan, for some of the reasons hinted at above. He's a massive capture for the festival and a "must see" of genius proportions certainly. I just think I might get bored after about 5 songs if he meanders into too much morose stuff. I really want to enjoy it, but I can see myself slinking off to the Garden Stage if there's something with more guitars and rhythm happening. A couple of years ago I went to see Jonathan Richman hoping for all the old hits and he never played a single one. I fear that Sufjan will also take the artistic line rather than playing the crowd-pleasers. Who knows, but I'll be there to find out.

When I saw him at the Southbank Centre a few years ago it was incredibly lively and enjoyable. It was a thematic, artistic thing, but it wasn't at all downbeat and thoroughly exciting.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him twice. Once on the Seven Swans tour which was solo and as understated and beautiful as the album. And again on the Illinois tour, which was a full on party with cheerleaders and fun and bombast. I would be surprised if we get a festival headline performance like the latter. I reckon we'll get a "show".

Jim O'Rourke will NEVER EVER happen. Does he even play live any more? And if he does, I assume his sets don't exactly feature the majesty of Eureka, Insignificance and Halfway To A Threeway.

I was lucky enough to catch him live once, and it was awesome, but I doubt we'll ever get to see him again.

Jim O'Rourke will NEVER EVER happen. Does he even play live any more? And if he does, I assume his sets don't exactly feature the majesty of Eureka, Insignificance and Halfway To A Threeway.

I was lucky enough to catch him live once, and it was awesome, but I doubt we'll ever get to see him again.

You are right. Not a chance of it happening. Lives in japan. Does film scores. You got to see Jim wow I'm so impressed. Would have loved to have seen him.

You are right. Not a chance of it happening. Lives in japan. Does film scores. You got to see Jim wow I'm so impressed. Would have loved to have seen him.

Yeah, it was at the Queen Elizabeth Hall at the Southbank Centre. Around the time of Eurkea, so the set was mostly (if I remember correctly) that and Halfway To A Threeway. A straight up song type set. It was excellent, but so long ago now.

The lineup additions in full comprise: My Morning Jacket, Mark Lanegan Band, Saint Etienne ( Playing Fox Base Alpha), GIANT³ SAND, Ex Hex, Joanna Gruesome, Frazey Ford, Marika Hackman, Curtis Harding, Kevin Morby, The Duke Spirit, Stealing Sheep, Du Blonde, Houndstooth, Wand, Girlpool, Diagrams, H. Hawkline, Eaves, Jacco Gardner, Andy Shauf, Andrew Combs, Black Tambourines, Flo Morrissey, R. Seiliog and Mark Wynn.

Mark Lannegan is a graden stage headliner

Up to about eight years ago, I'd have agreed, been somewhat crap since Evil Urges. Just my opinion. Perhaps they'll just play the old stuff. :music:

I agree with you on record never quite lived up to there live shows. Its still moves and z fantastic. Not really enjoyed there stuff since then. But they are without a doubt a fantastic live band. I honestly believe they are perfect for the eotr.

Think there are some disappointing acts in there but MMJ are an amazing addition

Hiss Golden Messenger, Father John Misty and Matthew E White are all at Greenman. Thought they would want them too.

MMJ should be headlining over Tame Impala but hopefully play Woods Stage before one of the headliners. Be stupid to have them clashing with any main headliner.