Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. I don't think Noel has headlined any festival ever as Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, whereas Metallica have probably headlined every festival they've done for at least 20 years.

In the Heat of the Moment (the track debuted yesterday) is the lead single. Says on his website.

Both are massive and i get the point about Metallica, I'm a big fan myself. But they don't come close to Oasis's popularity in England. And Noel solo is doing well for himself selling out arena tours without even trying, most of Oasis's fan base will still go and watch him and he'll do a set full of classics.

i think he is nailed on for T in the Park. Can still see him subbing Glasto tho.

headlining other festivals doesnt always guarantee a headline spot at glasto. A glastonbury headline though can pretty much guarantee a headline for any other festival

bands have headlined Glastonbury and subbed TITP but not the other way round (i don't think). Glastonbury just doesn't have the money to have a potential headliner act as a sub. TITP seems to have bucket loads

Yep that was my thoughts too. Hence my point that if Noel headlines T or IOW he wont be at Glasto as anything other than a Headliner

yeah i think beyonce was the last one to sub at another festival the same year as headlining glasto. She subbed to coldplay though and apparently didnt mind as mates with chris martin and she stayed and watched their slot.

If noel headlines any other festival though it will lower the chances of him subbing glasto but considering he said he would love to play he may just take the sub spot, may just depend on his ego as to who he subs.

With only 2 albums, by the time Glastonbury 2015 comes around, has Noel got enough material to be a headliner? Obviously he will do several Oasis tracks but there aren't many well known tunes to the general public on his first album, and not many people will have heard his second album by the end of June.

With only 2 albums, by the time Glastonbury 2015 comes around, has Noel got enough material to be a headliner? Obviously he will do several Oasis tracks but there aren't many well known tunes to the general public on his first album, and not many people will have heard his second album by the end of June.

the Oasis songs alone will ensure the crowd will be singing along throughout most of the set, then the singles from the first album and the singles from the second album. the album's out in March - that's more than enough time for people to learn the songs. i still don't see him as a headliner myself, but if the second album really takes off (which there's a high chance of) then who knows. one album can do a lot for a band - look at Mumfords for christ's sake. don't think anybody thought they'd be big enough to headline before the second album was released. in fact i remember a lot of people predicting them for Other Stage headliner

FF you're right the comparison with Mumfords definitely suggests he could headline, although his hits from his first album weren't as big as Mumfords. I guess I'm just trying to be greedy and convince myself he will Sub the Roses!

Either way, headlining or subbing, me and my mate will be there.

I am guessing most people are talking of him headlining the Pyramid Stage but what about headling The Other Stage as a option ?

can't imagine him anywhere else but the Pyramid myself. he's probably that bit too big to headline Other now, and will probably seem far too big to do it come the festival