Where is everyone travelling from...

Padgey

Just curious (I have mine) but how do you win the chance to buy them ?

A few years back there used to be a competition in the local western Daily press paper that would either give you a chance to win a chance of buying tickets I think they had 100 pairs to sell , or a chance to win a pair of tickets . Dont think this competition runs now unfortunatly :( . didnt see it last year .

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years back there used to be a competition in the local western Daily press paper that would either give you a chance to win a chance of buying tickets I think they had 100 pairs to sell , or a chance to win a pair of tickets . Dont think this competition runs now unfortunatly :( . didnt see it last year .

Thanks for answering! :)

Dad & Daughter from Isle of Man - first timers.

Boat to Liverpool, then still to have a think on how to get there.... :dontknow:

That's a great way to spend your first Glastonbury - I brought my daughter on my first one (or she brought me), and we both sure learned something from each other!

By train from Liddypool you'll probably have to change at Birmingham & Taunton I expect, not too bad, 4 or 5 hours in all.

Coming from Eastleigh near southampton. Getting there is usually about 1.5 - 2 hrs due to traffic volume and which way we decide to take. Left site on Sunday night before and have done it back in an hour with no traffic. Staying in worthy view this year for the first time so not sure if we'll arrive Wednesday or Thursday yet.

Have fun everyone :)

Depending on where I'm living come June it'll either be directly from Glasgow or I'll be starting from 90mins north of Aberdeen and getting a train to Glasgow to meet my friends for the rest of the journey. Either way we'll be travelling from Glasgow in a convoy of minibuses as we've done for the last few years, arriving in time to join the queue on Tuesday night.

Dublin.

most likely: getting the ferry on Tuesday night, arrive in Holyhead after midnight, drive through the night, down at the site for about 6am hopefully.

will have to fit in some sleep at some point!

I have found the roslare-Pembroke ferry a better shout in the past it breakers up the journey better IMO. For what it's worth.

Train from outside my front door, (through castle Carey) to Taunton for a coach.

Upside, I believe the coach drop off point is a hell of a lot closer to the middle of the site than any car park, so should save a couple mile hike with heavy stuff when we get there compared to other years, & will let mates with cars bring all my stuff :D I got em all tickets it's the least they can do lol