are off road segways allowed?

questionquestion

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014-06-25-18-09-14-Glastonbury-Festival

Thanks for the proof it can be done!

I Cant understand why people on here have such a problem with someone bringing a Segway to Glastonbury. i am not going to be the first person and I could not care less what anybody thinks. I am now Looking forward to avoiding the long walk between stages. I think its a bit of the case of the green eyed monster (btw im not fat or lazy)

Hmm again I'm not sure if someone in a nice grassy field on it is any proof it could cope with a wet, muddy Glastonbury. Have you actually any idea how deep the mud gets and how liquid it is in a bad year?

tbh it's not so much the bringing it I find funny, it's the fact you can't see why it's funny (and totally ridiculous to most people here anyway) that's getting me.

I'm also sorry to say that I think you might be a bit lazy as well actually

I can't do it as not able for photo shop but how about putting the floating boy behind the photo above someone? It's about time he had another airing

an air horn will give people sufficient warning to move out the way to avoid being run over.

Right that's the proof you are joking about the whole thing surely? Though probably, again, you can't see why I would say that.

Edited by storm

Yes I can see it now, they just move right over for you, all at once and very quickly.

Maybe Glastonbury should have some sort of Segway express lane installed next year?

Maybe utilise the current monorail infrastructure?

Hi Yog.

Missed you.

And then you post quite a touching article.

This segway thread might just last until June 2015...

Hello Woffy.

Yeah, you've not been on here for a while. I hope that all's well at your end. I'm still recovering from a heavy night last night at this end.

Yes, it was an interesting article. I don't care what anybody says, there's a little bit in everyone of us that would have been tempted to bend double laughing had we witnessed the event in person.

I suppose the Sedgway thread could be a runner. Especially if I keep spouting bollocks on it!

Hmm again I'm not sure if someone in a nice grassy field on it is any proof it could cope with a wet, muddy Glastonbury. Have you actually any idea how deep the mud gets and how liquid it is in a bad year?

tbh it's not so much the bringing it I find funny, it's the fact you can't see why it's funny (and totally ridiculous to most people here anyway) that's getting me.

I'm also sorry to say that I think you might be a bit lazy as well actually

I have seen how bad the mud gets so if it was really bad the segway would stay in the camper but if its dry it will be great fun to have.

I can see why it is a bit funny to have a segway but i dont think its "totally ridiculous" as other people have done it before successfully including the director of the circus field.

maybe I am a bit Lazy but its human nature. hypothetically if the ticket price included segway hire for the week 99% of people would use the segway rather than walking.

I was joking a bit a out the airhorn to get people to move out the way... a high vis jacket and battery powered flashing light and siren should part the crowds like moses and the red sea.

thanks for the response everyone. great photoshop skills . Look out for me as I get from pyramid to other stage in 1 minute 42 seconds

I feel for the harsh reality you'll have if you try this! Half a foot of mud and 10,000 people walking at 1mph between stages does not make a one minute trip, Segway or not!

This thread is all wrong. There are 2 main issues with Segways -

1. Ground conditions. If there is any amount of rain above 5mm (I.e. below average), The churn rate would make the viscosity too great for the Segway to gain any kind of grip.

2. Crowds. Even if the ground is dry, attempting to travel the site at busy times would be far slower by Segway than on foot - the mentality of the crowd would be to, at least, make your journey awkward, at worst, topple you from the device and strip you of all your possessions.

Now.

I do have the solution.

I'm taking a Jet Pack.

No crowds in the sky, no mud, and you can traverse the site in under 2 minutes (I did a trial run last week).

I'm thinking of setting up a service providing the use of the jet pack when I'm not needing it (to cover costs), and tapping into the farm's Red Diesel supply to make sure fuel doesn't run out.

Let me know if you're interested.