Secret 'Arena' Band

Spud001

I'm assuming it was a Japanese fan who went to the Japanese gig but yeah, the argument carried on for a couple of days before Green Day said they were doing it. I know Green Day did say they were doing before hand as I remember them saying they were gonna play Dookie in full and didn't.

I think they said something along the lines of playing Dookie in full sounded like a fun idea, which led to them doing it when they headlined. Don't think they outright said they'd do it for the 'secret' set.

I think they said something along the lines of playing Dookie in full sounded like a fun idea, which led to them doing it when they headlined. Don't think they outright said they'd do it for the 'secret' set.

Just had a look and this is from the old thread at the time.

"If there were ever any rumors about us playing the Reading Festival, I think we'd play Dookie from front to back. I think that would be a cool thing."

Billie Joe in an interview with BBC Radio

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/169421-green-day-uk-tour/page-25

I'm assuming it was a Japanese fan who went to the Japanese gig but yeah, the argument carried on for a couple of days before Green Day said they were doing it. I know Green Day did say they were doing before hand as I remember them saying they were gonna play Dookie in full and didn't.

Yeah the pic was the back of a t-shirt form the merch stand at a Japanese gig, showing tour dates including 'Reading, UK'. I'm not sure if they specifically confirmed they were doing Reading, but they were very suggestive about it. They definitely said something about Dookie either to Zane Lowe or in NME but it was more of a 'wink wink' rather than a 'we're playing Dookie in full at our secret Reading show'.

Everyone sort of knew anyway, the only discussion was what time they'd be playing, due to the set times released for Post War Glamour Girls it was assumed that Green Day would be playing after them (as it looked like Post War Glamour Girls were getting over an hour for opening the NME), which turned out to be wrong. After the Maccabees the night before somthing like 'The surprise you've all been waiting for will be here at 11am tomorrow' was shown on the screens at the NME tent.

Edited by mrtourette

Someone posted this on the official Download forums:

Not to add fuel to the fire, but my friends sister works for a booking agent linked to festival republic, he asked her and she seems to think it'll be Fall Out Boy doing a set before Paramore in which then then announce a UK monumentour date...id still take it with a pinch of salt but makes some sense

Someone posted this on the official Download forums:

Not to add fuel to the fire, but my friends sister works for a booking agent linked to festival republic, he asked her and she seems to think it'll be Fall Out Boy doing a set before Paramore in which then then announce a UK monumentour date...id still take it with a pinch of salt but makes some sense

Would be a pretty tight squeeze getting 10 acts on main with a co-headliner

Has anyone mentioned Jane's Addiction yet on this thread?

They play Brixton on 20th August and Manchester on the 21st.

And they kind of have unfinished business after their last-minute cancellation a few years ago.

I'd put money on it being them, but I'm sure someone will be along in a moment to tell me why not.