Secret 'Arena' Band

Spud001

yeah I don't know why I bothered to be honest. I like using this forum as news though as although you all chat a load of shit everything that is posted about reading on the internet seems to be discussed on here pretty much straight afterwards

It's like swallowing a diamond and then having to search through numerous shits to find it. You know there's good stuff in there but boy are you going to have to earn it.

There's probably a tiebreak scenario that the fella didn't explain to jump. But I agree Christmas over all. Birthdays kinda suck actually and depending on the person they can be a dick if you don't drop all plans or operate outside of financial or lethargic constraints to satisfy the attention they have earned by ageing.

Fucken tell me about it. I don't have enough money or days off work to justify going away to Prague with 15 w*nkers, most of whom I have never met, and have the same shit night out you would over here, but with the added ingredient of grizzly locals who are sick of rat arsed Brits making trouble and puking up all over their town, suddenly I'm the dickhead because I can't come.

Boring on-topic stuff: Fall Out Boy always go down well with festival crowds, especially one with Paramore and Blink 182 on the bill.

FOB just don't make sense. Paramore coming over inbetween US dates does as this is the best chance they're going to get to headline the UK festival that suits them the most, but are FOB really going to come over with them just to play a secret set? If it's a US band it's going to be one that's already in Europe.

Otherwise it'll be someone like Placebo (finally realised after playing European festivals every August but not the UK that they aren't going to get the slots they want) or The Vaccines (maybe didn't think they'd be ready to play when originally asked but now want to try out/introduce new material before playing next year).

Or the obvious/dull TDCC trying to make it up to FR for cancelling Latitude.

Edited by mrtourette

Fucken tell me about it. I don't have enough money or days off work to justify going away to Prague with 15 w*nkers, most of whom I have never met, and have the same shit night out you would over here, but with the added ingredient of grizzly locals who are sick of rat arsed Brits making trouble and puking up all over their town, suddenly I'm the dickhead because I can't come.

Boring on-topic stuff: Fall Out Boy always go down well with festival crowds, especially one with Paramore and Blink 182 on the bill.

I'm not surprised you don't like birthdays if every year you have to go with Prague with people you don't know, The Church Of Satan would classify this as "Herd Conformity" which is a sin.

Edited by jump

Can't be the Vaccines though, we haven't heard anything from them in ages.

Surely they'd seem abit more active if they were gonna be playing a gig next week.

Oh and as this has been going on, I've actually lost interest in this whole "secret act" thing already. Probably because I know it isn't going to be anyone great.

Edited by mattgimmeshelter

Can't be the Vaccines though, we haven't heard anything from them in ages.

Surely they'd seem abit more active if they were gonna be playing a gig next week.

Not really I imagine a secret slot to showcase new material is probably a good promotion tool for a bad that could be putting an album out in the next couple of months, and a festival that could have them headlining next year.

Foals? Have they done arenas?

I was thinking it may be them. Apparently:

Foals - Indie Rock Thoroughbreds

Purveyors of a mind-bendingly complex indie rock sound, these Oxford dons have galloped to the top of the charts with obtuse alternative anthems such as 'Spanish Sahara' and 'Inhaler' over the past decade. Famed for their euphoric live shows, they've risen to headliner status at festivals such as Latitude while also regularly playing huge UK arena tours.

from

http://www.stubhub.co.uk/foals-tickets/