Muse

eldest300

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even that stupid hymn at the end with the 'choir of Matts' isn't even funny, it's just grating. I did however get a chuckle out of that ridiculous YOU'VE GOT THE STREEENGTH YOU GOT THE SOOOUUL when the chorus hits in Revolt which is just absurd (or, revolting?). And Aftermath has cringe factor from start to finish, even U2 wouldn't do that kind of bullshit. Still, it doesn't have the comedy factor overall that the last album had.

The weird thing about this and The 2nd Law is that if you take the first 5 or 6 tracks from either album you get a half decent pop rock EP. It's in their second halves that they morph into those weird abominations.

I am going to have to torrent this after work now. Some of it sounds hilarious.

I love Muse but after Resistance I got bored, Psycho and the Handler made me excited for the album. If its as bad as people say I may disown them

I've got it on again now on the train on the way to work. Upon initial disappointment and bewilderness .. It's not actually THAT bad.

It's cheesy as hell and lyrics are laughable in every song, but it's listenable. Some great parts of the album which shows that they're still capable somewhere in them of getting back to something of their own self. I just think they don't want to. For whatever silly reason. Surely they can tell my fans reactions at live shows that nobody likes this new stuff in comparison.

I can't and won't give up on them just yet!

I can't get hold of it at work as I won't be able to use torrent so will make do with whats on Spotify until later.

I rather like parts of The Handler and Psycho, can take of leave Dead Inside and Mercy. I look forward to joining in the fun and mocking Muse when I get home later!

I need to listen to this album. Though it's probably just going to add fuel to the fire burning in my mind, that tells me Muse are way past it now.

They used to be one of my favorite bands when I was a teenager, they were the first gig I ever went to, but I just can't see them reaching their former heights. They've gone full spinal tap.

Edited by zero000

I listened to this with an open mind and actually liked it a lot.

Yes the lyrics are awful, and Revolt and Drones are pretty terrible. But I enjoyed pretty much every other track.

I find Muse's new stuff hilarious in a good way, and never take it too seriously which definitely helped with my enjoyment the album.