Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

I'm not really sure Arsenal are going to do any better than last season. The lack of defensive cover they've got this season I'd suicidal, and one more injury at right back or centre back will completely screw them.

The only actual improvement they've made from last season is signing Sanchez, but if Wenger continues to play this stupid formation with Özil out wide then I'm not sure they'll improve offensively whatsoever.

I guess Welbeck's signing will prevent a burn out like Giroud had last season, so I think he'll be the main factor in any improvement from Arsenal this season (bloody hell that's not something I ever thought I'd say).

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utd haven't got a hope of winning it as far as I can see

I agree - tho LvG doesn't. After yesterday's game he's said that Utd could win the league.

He's getting carried away with himself. Yes, Utd won well yesterday, but against a very shit QPR team. A mid-table team would have got a similar result against them yesterday.

There were some good positives from Utd's play yesterday, tho it's unlikely that any of those soft goals would have been goals against a half-decent side. If Utd are going to do better this season they'll need to step thing up a fair way from how they were yesterday.

I agree - tho LvG doesn't. After yesterday's game he's said that Utd could win the league.

Rooney thought Falcao was going to win the title single handily before the game yesterday to :P

The excitement over beating QPR 4 nil :lol: I'd be midly impressed if West Ham did (and that would be more the fact of Big Sam wanting more goals after going 1 up :P)

Edited by LondonTom

He was asked the question, what was he supposed to say? No we are shit and will finish mid table.

He could have said "the target this season is..." instead. ;)

Utd defo looked better yesterday than they've looked for a while, but they still looked like a team than anyone half-decent could possibly tear to pieces. It's a bit early to be declaring that a rosy future is guaranteed as Woodward has done.

Utd defo looked better yesterday than they've looked for a while, but they still looked like a team than anyone half-decent could possibly tear to pieces. It's a bit early to be declaring that a rosy future is guaranteed as Woodward has done.

Are united fans getting over excited by the result? I've not seen any, a good season will be top 4. Like pink says United will be in the mix with Liverpool for the 4th place.

I heard the target was 3rd this year. Given the amount they've spent, i think one more year out the Champions League will screw them over.

I heard the target was 3rd this year. Given the amount they've spent, i think one more year out the Champions League will screw them over.

What you basing it on? Is the same when people said they wouldn't be able to attract top players without champions league football? Or just wild speculation

If Liverpool aren't in the mix I'll eat my arm. They're both gonna be in the mix; though of course there's a chance Everton/Spurs will get it instead.

Everton will struggle with the prem/Europe schedule, spurs will do there usual.

Liverpool getting 4th will depend how they handle the cl/prem schedule. Rodgers will certainly protect sturridge and sterling in specific games this season.

Biggest roar of the season at OT being when a new unnecessary mega star starts warming up. I didn't expect them to boo and chant about getting a centre back in or anything but it's like owning the biggest names comes before having a successful team.

They should of just nodded and clapped politely.

I am sure there's enough wrong with United than worrying about a new signing being cheered.

Biggest roar of the season at OT being when a new unnecessary mega star starts warming up. I didn't expect them to boo and chant about getting a centre back in or anything but it's like owning the biggest names comes before having a successful team.

Football supporters welcoming a new signing - a bloody good one at that - with a cheer? What a bunch of w*nkers those supporters are.

Everton will struggle with the prem/Europe schedule, spurs will do there usual.

Liverpool getting 4th will depend how they handle the cl/prem schedule. Rodgers will certainly protect sturridge and sterling in specific games this season.

Yep, I agree. I do think 4th place will be either Man Utd or Liverpool, depending on both how well United click, and how Liverpool continue to fare without Suarez, with the added CL games.

Should be another interesting season for sure.

Football supporters welcoming a new signing - a bloody good one at that - with a cheer? What a bunch of w*nkers those supporters are.

Not what I meant but whatever. I just thought it was kind of amusing that it did placate the fans exactly as it was intended but I guess it might just be me who saw it that way.

Kinda like The Simpsons episode where they give the workers a keg of beer instead of their dental plan.

Not what I meant but whatever. I just thought it was kind of amusing that it did placate the fans exactly as it was intended but I guess it might just be me who saw it that way.

Kinda like The Simpsons episode where they give the workers a keg of beer instead of their dental plan.

I would say that's total rubbish, the falcao loan was totally out of the blue in a position United didn't really need anyone else.

If you said that about Di Maria I would agree, the falcao loan transfer in the last minute total rubbish argument. If anything it's given United a negative response with selling welbeck.