Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

Trying really hard to put my natural bias to one side, why would Sanchez sign for Arsenal instead of Liverpool? I imagine Liverpool would offer the higher wage, are the bigger club and are now back in the Champions League. Besides the attraction of London, Arsenal offer nothing that Liverpool can't top. Get him to at least come to Anfield for a chat and conduct the meeting in the trophy room, preferably next to the 5 Europeans Cups. That oughtta do it.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying really hard to put my natural bias to one side, why would Sanchez sign for Arsenal instead of Liverpool? I imagine Liverpool would offer the higher wage, are the bigger club and are now back in the Champions League. Besides the attraction of London, Arsenal offer nothing that Liverpool can't top. Get him to at least come to Anfield for a chat and conduct the meeting in the trophy room, preferably next to the 5 Europeans Cups. That oughtta do it.

1. Im not sure Liverpool would offer a bigger wage than Arsenal

2. He may think Arsenal having qualified for the champions league for the last mllion years, are a better bet than Liverpool for one

3. As you say the London attraction could be a factor, why anyone would live in London ahead of Liverpool, I don't know!!

I'd rather play under Arsene Wenger than Brendan Rogers, too.

If Liverpool didn't have Suarez this season would they have finished above Arsenal? Debatable.

I do think Arsenal are a more attractive prospect than Liverpool at the moment.

Depends on the player. Wenger often hasn't got the most out of young British players, so if you were in that category you may feel Liverpool were the better option

Depends on the player. Wenger often hasn't got the most out of young British players, so if you were in that category you may feel Liverpool were the better option

Because, Walcott, Ramsey, Ox, Gibbs and Wilshere are all irrelevant squad players only there to make up numbers?

Where dye expect to finish Time? LVG is some genius ye'know.

I agree with Will 1st and 2nd will be Chelsea and city, I can't see anyone touching them this coming season.

I would say 4 clubs going for the remaining champions league places Arsenal/spurs/united/Liverpool.

United still need a couple of transfers coming in, a CB and another CM. Although talk about Vidal is a bit fanciful, I've not seen enough of carvalho to comment oh how good he is.

So 3rd or 4th would be a very good return for LVG, RVP will certainly be better.

Yeah, I disagree with their fans claiming they'll win the league, but I still they'll make a push for the title. Van Gaal is very much experienced with title races and as we've seen in this World Cup he can get the best out of a squad mostly comprised of players who aren't exactly world class, surrounded by a couple of world class players.

I'll agree that Man City have a better squad but if Toure goes then they'll suffer a heavy blow. If I had to bet on a winner though, I'd stick a tenner on Chelsea.

I think the league next season could be even more open than it was this one gone by. Spurs and Man United will indefinitely be better with their new managers, and it'll be interesting to see how Liverpool and Everton get on - will they build on the momentum they gained this

Spurs may be better, but Im not sure the improvement will be enough to turn them into more than 4th place outside chance. I wonder if LVG will bring in any of the dutch players, Im sure I remember he did at Barcelona with mixed results. I think Vlaar would be a good signing for a side who have lost their 2 main centre backs. Theres been a few rumours about Robben, Im also becoming a believer in Sneijder again after this world cup.

I agree with Will 1st and 2nd will be Chelsea and city, I can't see anyone touching them this coming season.

I would say 4 clubs going for the remaining champions league places Arsenal/spurs/united/Liverpool.

United still need a couple of transfers coming in, a CB and another CM. Although talk about Vidal is a bit fanciful, I've not seen enough of carvalho to comment oh how good he is.

So 3rd or 4th would be a very good return for LVG, RVP will certainly be better.

You don't think Utd can win it then? LVG not the right guy for the club so.

I don't think any available manager would be able to win the league with the squad available to him, and think that would be a very naïve mindset for Man Utd to have. The squad needs rebuilding, and that will take time, and van Gaal seems the most appropriate man to do that. No sane person is expecting him to come in and win the league straight away.

Well it's impossible to go from 7th to 1st isn't it? Wink wink.

Top 4 and build from there, that's the way to improve.

You sound a bit worried.

Utd are going to be superb with LVG next year. Utd fans shouldn't curb their enthusiasm. LFC on the other hand will return to the footballing piñata column.

Origi and Markovic both interesting prospects.