Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bojan to stoke is an interesting signing,his career hasn't developed as expected. People often ask with Barcelona players how they would cope on a rainy Tuesday night in stoke, in this

case we will find out!

Not confirmed yet though, is it? I know they are not popular on here and I am biased but stoke could be a real dark horse next season. Hughes has done brilliant so far and hardly spent any money.

So far team could be something like:

Begovic

Cameron/Bardsley shawcross© huth Pieters

Whelan/Cameron

Nzonzi/Adam Ireland

Odemwingie Diouf Arnautovic/bojan

And they are still going to bring more in according to Coates. 9th last season after a dreadful start. Could realistically make top 8 next season.

You sure it's not a loan deal?

:lol:

Not confirmed yet though, is it? I know they are not popular on here and I am biased but stoke could be a real dark horse next season. Hughes has done brilliant so far and hardly spent any money.

So far team could be something like:

Begovic

Cameron/Bardsley shawcross© huth Pieters

Whelan/Cameron

Nzonzi/Adam Ireland

Odemwingie Diouf Arnautovic/bojan

And they are still going to bring more in according to Coates. 9th last season after a dreadful start. Could realistically make top 8 next season.

All fine, but christ. Shawcross = Dog + Donkey, he's awful.

because the length of the remaining contract impacts onto the player's value.

Of course it does, but not by 35 million. If he hadn't signed the contract he wouldn't have gone for 40 million because there was no enforceable clause, he wouldn't have been the last year of contract and Barcelonas impending transfer ban means they are desperate to buy.

Also as I have said with a move in the summer possible, you can be certain Suarez would have negotiated a bigger piece of the pie for himself. The contract was a good public relations move and about both sides looking for a mutual financial advantage when he moved. I suspect the financial advantage Liverpool gained is probably closer to half the 35 million you are claiming, still nothing to be sniffed at

About time you stepped it up a level, been quite surprised the level of signings/rumours so far.

Although I fancy reus being at Dortmund another year yet.

We've got the Suarez deal done early enough. There's scope for us to invest now.

Ozil is very much over rated or under performing, take your pick.

Better stats than David Silva had in his first Premier League season, and played most of the season with Walcott and the Ox out, so therefore no runners at all to play in. Not surprising at all that he didn't perform too well. I think he'll be much better next season with Sanchez and hopefully Walcott playing with him week in, week out.

Edit: And until this season he was consistently the highest assist provider in Europe's top leagues, so I don't think he's overrated at all.

Edited by Will-2609

You just criticised him for playing poorly and are now making the point that he has a poor striker playing in front of him...?

As I say, if he had a pact striker/wingers making runs ahead of him he'd perform much better.

I think it's a mixture of both, it's a lot easier getting assists from Ronaldo than giroud. It certainly got him a 42m move anyway, not seen anything from his arsenal career or world cup to justify the price.