parquet courts

zico martin

Good fun album with undertones of the fall and pavement (not feargal sharkey though) but how do you pronounce their name? I assumed it was par-kay a la French but as they're American it could well not be!

Until I find out I can't mention them in real life to anyone!

Edited by zico martin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the first album as my local record shop made a real song and dance about it and made it their record of the year, thought it was a bit boring. Gave about 5 listens and didn't bother again. Review of the second album in the paper the other day said Stephen Malkmus heard it and mistook it for Pavement, surely this can't be true? Anyway, I have loads of great Pavement music to listen to, so I can't see why that would entice me.

I pronounce it Par-Ket Courts, and balls to anybody who corrects me.

"Oh, actually, it's not Bon Iver, it's Bonny Bear" stuff off, you bore, I says it how I sees it.

also, is it actually supposed to be pronounced 'Bonny Bear'!? mind blown if that's true

Think its meant to be a French sounding 'Bonny Vair'. Although cos he's from across the pond, it comes out sounding like 'boney vair'.

I actually researched this before I went to see em live, for fear of being scowled at!

Think its meant to be a French sounding 'Bonny Vair'. Although cos he's from across the pond, it comes out sounding like 'boney vair'.

I actually researched this before I went to see em live, for fear of being scowled at!

yeah 'bonny vair' is how i've been pronouncing it for a while now, although i still feel like a dick any time i say it that way as most people know it as Bon Iver, said how it's spelt