Friday other stage opener

Guest nufc1978

First things first, well done to the organisers for giving us something to ponder - it's only one slot out of hundreds and hundreds but it'll have people discussing it for weeks.

Seeing Pulp on The Park was my all time Glastonbury highlight - there's something a little bit special about Special Guest slots.

A few thoughts on this one:

1. Coldplay - Biggest friends of the festival, with a new album out. In truth would feel a little odd if they weren't there. No issue whatsoever in terms of capacity - Other Stage arena is huge and, even if word got put before, there will only be so many out and about at 11am on the Friday.

2. Oasis - Massively unlikely, but surprised it's not been mentioned even as a fantasy. One of Oasis' defining moments was an early slot on the Other Stage. It's the anniversary of Definitely Maybe and Liam's been cocking around on Twitter again (plus proved last year he'd play the slot). I'm convinced the love Blur attracted at Glasto a few years ago was what convinced Oasis to take a few years off and 100% expect them to come back eventually. Them opening the Other makes naff all sense mind, as they'd only be back for the cash and that would only earn them a grand or so.

3. Most likely is a fairly standard indie band like the ones throughout this thread (Klaxons and Franz Ferdinand seem as likely as any)

Either way I suspect we'll at the very least get some clues before then (if not them it really might be someone big) - I'm likely to check it out regardless.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blondie seem to be rather low down so I'm wondering if the special guest is someone that would also appeal to their fans. That or it's no one special at all and Blondie will kick it all off.

Looking for Acts that have new albums coming out that may also appeal to Blondie fans (by that I mean people of a certain age lol) Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Echo and The Bunnymen, David Grey. Pet Shop Boys were TBC would that work early doors?

Edited by math125

More of a general thing than aimed at you specifically, but I see this all the time and Ive never got why anyone would care about how relevant an act is. Im sure plenty of people still like their songs now, if they did in 2007.