What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

Ordered Wayfarer food for breakfast, bought more coffee sachets of coffee, lip balm,knife and forks and ordered phone charger thingey

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently i purchased walking boots.After wearing them all week i decided to go for a long walk thinking they would be broken in, after 26 miles i realised they were not. They should be now though.

At the weekend i got camping stuff, new sleping bag, inflatable matteress and waterproofs.

Today I put a deposit down on a car (mine definetly wouldnt have made it to glasto and back) I can't have a repeat of a couple of years back when it took us 15 hours to get to Glastonbury after a breakdown, it should of taken 2 hours.

Edited by Andywright88

I'm after one to interested to see how the one above from eBay performs? I've brought several cheap ones over the years and they don't work at all well.

A few people have posted links to amazon ones in the £30 range which I think is a bit pricey, I'm not even to bothered about using my phone I like to use it as a camera though.

I have tried out my Jack-In-A-Pack on a 5 min walk in a torrential downpour, and have discovered that while it is indeed waterproof, the fact that it's only hip-legnth means that I end up with a very soggy bottom. Obviously nobody wants that. So I am now on the hunt for a raincoat that covers my bum.

Today I bought 10 cans each of strongbow dark fruits and citrus edge for £16 from morrisons. They're safely tucked away at the back of the out house away from temptation. I think this was the best deal I was going to get on these cans so that's why I got them now. I'm going to wait for the World Cup to start to get my beer. I made a list of all the booze offers that took my fancy on www.mysermarket.co.uk so I have a rough idea of what I'm after.

Dug all my camping stuff out of the cupboards to see what I need to buy. How long does dry shampoo last btw I have enough for another festival but I might just buy a fresh can. I need some more sun cream but other than that Ive done quite well to keep everything together, so all that's gone into a pile. One thing I have lost is my cool bag/ bag for life thing. I think it was was Aldi, it was like a bag for life/fabric bag but had a zip on the top and had a kind of silver foil lining to keep things cold. I stuck all my booze it last year and put it on the bottom of my trolley and it worked well then iv just kept all my cans in there.I've had a search put can't see any online. I may have to ask the mother where she got it from.

But anyway all that stuff is now in pile upstairs and I've just raided the millets sale. Got an air bed for £6, berghaus 1/4 zip fleece, Peter Storm overhead kag in a bag, a 30 lumens torch and some energy tablets and bottle for £62. Can't wait for it all to come. Now it's just the rest of my booze, food and first aid stuff and I'm good to go.

I went to a country show today, So dusted of my hunters and rain coat as the weather looked it could go either way.... Walked around a massive field following my Auntie and Mum while carrying Mums "portable" chair.... I think a park bench is more portable that the one Mum brought. (she can't walk to far these days hence the chair)

Brought a fleece style jumper and some gas can for the camping stove...... I realised how unfit I am and need to build up my stamina....