T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low main, mid R1 or high Tuts I would imagine. Not that helps you though probably I'm afraid.

At A Cribs signing session they mentioned they were on Main Stage at roughly same time as Wombats mid-afternoon so I'd hazard a guess at R1 stage but obviously could not say for sure.

Glad to hear. Will need to be a quick dash I would imagine, tent will fill up quickly, might sacrifice last couple of Libs songs to get into the tent in plenty of time.

Think I'll be trying to move out a bit to the edge just before the encore they usually do, then a quick boost to the tent.

The Cribs on main stage? That seems odd to me. I realise they're doing it elsewhere too so shouldn't be surprised, but surely they're much more suited to a smaller stage?

Yeah, I was disappointed when I heard that as well, them higher up in Tuts would be fantastic, I'm sure that's where they were in 2012?

At A Cribs signing session they mentioned they were on Main Stage at roughly same time as Wombats mid-afternoon so I'd hazard a guess at R1 stage but obviously could not say for sure.

Would've thought main, they're doing arena tours now so I just assumed haha. I know they're headlining the festival republic stage at Leeds/Reading, maybe mid day R1 could be applicable. Then again, Ben Howard headlined Tuts last year and he just came off of his arena tour..who knows!

AldoTVAOF, on 21 May 2015 - 3:13 PM, said:

Yeah, I was disappointed when I heard that as well, them higher up in Tuts would be fantastic, I'm sure that's where they were in 2012?

They were, but the sound was pretty horrific I thought. Didn't give them much of a chance and walked away.

Would've thought main, they're doing arena tours now so I just assumed haha. I know they're headlining the festival republic stage at Leeds/Reading, maybe mid day R1 could be applicable. Then again, Ben Howard headlined Tuts last year and he just came off of his arena tour..who knows!

Don't know about down south but they took until the month of the gig to sell out the Barras here, don't know if they're bigger in England or not, not a fan so couldn't comment! Think mid R1 is probably about right for them, think The Cribs will be 2nd or 3rd on main.

Where do people reckon The Proclaimers will fit in on the Saturday? I'm sure I read they're in Tuts but will they be early-ish on or one of the later acts? Ideally on at same time as The Script as long as The Vaccines would not be on R1 at same time.

That would be ideal I think, as long as The Vaccines weren't clashing on R1. Unsure where The Vaccines will be placed really, think they're quite hard to judge.

3rd down on Radio 1 seems most likely to me, looks like they're taking a similar slot at Glastonbury and it would mean they wouldn't clash with anyone too similar.

3rd down on Radio 1 seems most likely to me, looks like they're taking a similar slot at Glastonbury and it would mean they wouldn't clash with anyone too similar.

Was thinking that. Would mean I'd probably miss The Proclaimers but that's not the worst clash that could happen.

Only other place I could see The Vaccines slotting in would be 4th down main (were there in 2012) and on before The Script, think 3rd down R1 more likely though.

Edited by AldoTVAOF

So when do we actually know who is on when in the day?

You will get a rough idea when the stage splits are announced (which could be anywhere from now to like a week before the festival going by previous years)

You won't know exact times until you're there and you buy a lanyard or check the times in the arena.

They like to leave it as late as possible so folk have less time to make clash finders and they can squeeze a few more quid out of folk on the lanyards.

Saying that, surely there is still a fair few acts to be announced?

The lineup looks a bit bare in comparison to previous years.