T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to kind of take the subject off T but i have a question which i am pretty sure you guys are the best people to ask. Basically recently i've not been doing well with securing tickets for gigs in high demand (biffy barras and Muse barras) and i'm wondering if people have some idea for the Drones tour? So Drones is out on June 8th and they've announced that they're playing at Download and the big weekend this summer. Most likely the Drones tour will be over winter 2015/spring 2016, this kind of makes it a non stadium tour due to the time of year, meaning they will probably play the hydro which will be yet another ticket race which i'm fed up with now as i never seem to be the lucky one that gets tickets. Glasgow's summer sessions has announced 2 headliners now last year they only two but the year before they had 3, any chance Muse could play that?

mate just do what I do set up at least two ways to get tickets (phone, laptop) and get a mate who you want to go with to do the same so you now have four pages up at once then juts spam refresh for 5 mins before incase tickets go up early.

I've never missed out on something I've done this for. Then if you get through get your mate a ticket or get your mate to get yours.

There is an issue, a bloody big issue. The main arena is reduced in size by about a third and the 500M buffer on the slam tent and funfair means they physically can't be there.

You could easily just get tent stages closer together, At a lot of fests i've been to the stages are almost right next to each with next to none noise pollution, they need to have a decent sound tech team to make it work.

They won't now just cancel the slam tent.

Anyone who dismisses this as some sort of minor issue to be pushed aside has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

If you're referring to my post, am 100% confident it will be going ahead on Strathallan Estate.

In fact, I'll be working there from Mid June - Near end of July, so it better be on or I'll be a bit bored ;)

Edited by Paul ™

Paul , on 27 Apr 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

If you're referring to my post, am 100% confident it will be going ahead on Strathallan Estate.

Confidence is one thing, but some people seem to think this is something to be just brushed aside. You can be confident and understand the seriousness of it.

The stages at Leeds are really close together compared to T, they should be able to fit it all in no problem even if it means shougling it about a bit. The loss of the slam tent is no biggie anyways :)

At Leeds it's all tents though, open air stages noise surly travels further than tents? I agree I was delighted at the short walking distance at leeds. With the NME stage still being open air it has to be quite a distance away, even with the distance at balado I remember there being sound interference, Chris Martin complained about it in 2011 and I remember Brandon Flowers saying something about it in 2013 ?

I still have absolutely no idea why the stages are nearly pointing directly at each other and aren't very far away.

I much prefered the old layout of NME/Main

Was like that when I stopped going, when did they change it to facing each other? They used to face each other like a decade ago I think.

Edited by KrisKyle