T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been on here in a while so i may be repeating loads already discussed.

Im not too impressed with the latest wad of names added (just my taste). I've not seen who has been confirmed for what stage but can see Fatboy Slim hosting the Tuts in the style of the 'Smile High Club' hes been doing elsewhere I can really see the line-up looking like (rough order)

opening act

Hannah Wants

Duke Dumont

Mark Ronson

Fatboy Slim

this would allow for the sound desk to actually run the setup for DJ's and get the sound right often switching between bands and djs it messes the sound up and it doesn't sound right.

NME being

Fuse ODG

Jessie Ware

Sigma

Gorgon City

Hot Chip

Rudimental

Guetta

For me War on Drugs have to be in the tent. Ronson&Duke will probably be getting main or radio 1 slots Hot Chip being in Tuts wouldn't surprise me also

I know this isn't strictly T related but did anyone else read the article in the inverness courier that the RN site at Dores is going to be home to a new revamped dance festival apparently.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Dance-music-festival-to-step-into-RockNess-void-03042015.htm

I'll believe it when i see it though. If it were to go ahead i can imagine it would be later on in the year.

do you have any idea of roughly when it would be?? I basing all my hope on going thats its going to be the same type of dance music that has been at RN (excluding the likes of Aoki etc). I'd like to see some variation though but wouldn't want the budget eaten up by the likes of acts that TITP would book anyway like angello, alesso, garrix etc etc.

If its a dance fest they could do it in late August. Same weekend or around about the time of Creamfields, so it can share some of the acts there

As long as it's not the edm baw bags.

Was serioussly thinking about going to boomtown this year but would definetly be up for this instead.

Yeah thats when I'd expect it to be too (the bank holiday). Luckily the Chem Bros would then be in the country at the same time..................................................

I would hate it if they turned the RN site into a 16-20 yo EDM fest it would totally ruin it.

Rockness had a lot of bampots kicking about the last few years as it was, i dunno if it were much better before though the first year I made it was 11'

Edited by SilverLining

Yeah thats when I'd expect it to be too (the bank holiday). Luckily the Chem Bros would then be in the country at the same time..................................................

11'

What a headliner that would be....

Fingers crossed

My prediction is OneRepublic. Announced for Ed Sheeran's Wembley shows on Friday and Sunday but not the Saturday for some reason.

Yeah that makes sense. Not sure where they'd fit in on the Saturday as it looks pretty full at the moment, especially in the sort of positions they'd get.

An announcement on snapchat?

am I the only one that feels in the past 3/4 years TITP are letting their social media team be run by a bunch of 18-21 year old girls??

Its painfully cringey seeing them tweet people and making announcements this way.

No wonder they are losing credibility.

The other thing that DF have done in the past is announce acts once they've played previously announced shows in Glasgow. Who's played recently or is playing soon?

Meghan Trainor

Nicki Minaj

Olly Murs

Chic

Morrissey

Usher

McBusted

Don't think it would be Chic or Morrissey. I think it will be a pop/dance act though given the medium of the announcement.

I never went and saw her I was in tuts at the time but after Minaj's actions last time round I hope DF just never book her again.

I was there waiting for SHM, it was mad, loads of people waiting for her and when she eventually came out all the fed up boyfriends that had been dragged along kept booing her, not even an apology for being 40 mins late.

After the rumours of big weekend and her pulling out of V at the last minute in the same year, I'll be surprised if she's at any of the major festivals again