T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Line up wise..how many more acts are likely to be announced and from those additions, are they likely to be in demand artists?

Any predictions about who else could be there, aside from Maccabees?

This is my first year at T and I've not paid attention to previous completed line ups so I don't know how many to expect throughout the weekend :)

Line up wise..how many more acts are likely to be announced and from those additions, are they likely to be in demand artists?

Any predictions about who else could be there, aside from Maccabees?

This is my first year at T and I've not paid attention to previous completed line ups so I don't know how many to expect throughout the weekend :)

Think there will be some still to get announced,maybe the same time as all the details for the new layout/stages etc

Chemical brothers will get announced when that cocksocket aviici pulls out...

Chem Bros will not be playing at TITP this year.

Im sure they are playing elsewhere throughout the whole weekend.

Also, As much as I'd like to see new stages at the festival (after Geoff saying it would have a more 'boutique' feel) I just can't see it.

If you're talking about a commercial dance music stage then its looking likely the Radio 1 will be that way on the Friday but im eager to see the splits as Annie Mac has announced playing on the main so it could be a bit of a jumble.

I don't like the main stage much too crowded and not great sound it loses a lot of the atmosphere depending on who you go to see.

Edited by SilverLining

Are you checking their website? its not been updated they have a lot of dates in that time frame.

10th July - Ultra Europe, Croatia
12 July - Festival Musilax, Aix-les-Bains, France

I'm sure they had a date on the Saturday but I must be mistaken, regardless as i've said before Chem Bros is an expensive show to ship around that much and they would already be announced to ship tickets for TITP which is yet to sell out.

I also cannot seem them filling in last minute logistically to ship overnight from Croatia to Scotland and then back to France would be really expensive.

For these reasons I don't see it happening and T are stupid for not booking them.

If by some miracle they get announced I'll eat my hat and see you in the crowd.

As for number of acts still to be announced. We've still got 16 for T Break, and around 20 for BBC Introducing for sure. Maybe max 10 to be dotted around the other stages? So nearly 50 to come. But the vast majority will be smaller names.

I've got a Q about T Break Stage/BBC Introducing. Last year I was sure I saw Catfish & the Bottlemen in T Break Stage but it's my understanding that this stage is only for Scottish acts breaking through? I also never saw a BBC Introducing stage, is it the same tent just run by BBC for some acts and T break for others? Might be a bit of a stupid question but I've wondered since last year!

Hoping for Pretty Vicious and DMA's to be announced for one of the smaller stages, don't know how likely they are though! Also hoping Johnny Marr comes and plays on the Sunday with Noel after their gig in Manchester the night before but realise how unlikely this is unfortunately!

I've got a Q about T Break Stage/BBC Introducing. Last year I was sure I saw Catfish & the Bottlemen in T Break Stage but it's my understanding that this stage is only for Scottish acts breaking through? I also never saw a BBC Introducing stage, is it the same tent just run by BBC for some acts and T break for others? Might be a bit of a stupid question but I've wondered since last year!

Hoping for Pretty Vicious and DMA's to be announced for one of the smaller stages, don't know how likely they are though! Also hoping Johnny Marr comes and plays on the Sunday with Noel after their gig in Manchester the night before but realise how unlikely this is unfortunately!

T Break runs a competition every year, and sixteen up and coming Scottish acts are chosen to play the stage. However if it were just those sixteen, there would only be around 5 acts playing each day. So they fill out the rest of the slots with other small bands from all over the country. One of which last year was indeed Catfish & the Bottlemen. I'd expect acts like Lonely The Brave, Blossoms, The Coronas and Black Rivers (those near the bottom of the line up) to be doing the same this year.

BBC Introducing is a different tent, and was up the hill from the main stage last year, near the Healthy T area (see map in link)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqgmHVBCEAAHTgu.jpg:large

BBC Introducing is similar to T Break in that it is for smaller acts that are breaking through, but instead of a competition solely for Scottish bands making up the majority of the line up, it is acts from anywhere that the BBC have invited to play, rather than them having to apply.

Hope that helps!

T Break runs a competition every year, and sixteen up and coming Scottish acts are chosen to play the stage. However if it were just those sixteen, there would only be around 5 acts playing each day. So they fill out the rest of the slots with other small bands from all over the country. One of which last year was indeed Catfish & the Bottlemen. I'd expect acts like Lonely The Brave, Blossoms, The Coronas and Black Rivers (those near the bottom of the line up) to be doing the same this year.

BBC Introducing is a different tent, and was up the hill from the main stage last year, near the Healthy T area (see map in link)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqgmHVBCEAAHTgu.jpg:large

BBC Introducing is similar to T Break in that it is for smaller acts that are breaking through, but instead of a competition solely for Scottish bands making up the majority of the line up, it is acts from anywhere that the BBC have invited to play, rather than them having to apply.

Hope that helps!

That's brilliant, thanks for that! Must have missed BBC Introducing completely then!

I did think Blossoms would have been too small to even play first in King Tuts so makes sense for them to be stuck in T Break!

Are you checking their website? its not been updated they have a lot of dates in that time frame.

10th July - Ultra Europe, Croatia

12 July - Festival Musilax, Aix-les-Bains, France

I'm sure they had a date on the Saturday but I must be mistaken, regardless as i've said before Chem Bros is an expensive show to ship around that much and they would already be announced to ship tickets for TITP which is yet to sell out.

I also cannot seem them filling in last minute logistically to ship overnight from Croatia to Scotland and then back to France would be really expensive.

For these reasons I don't see it happening and T are stupid for not booking them.

If by some miracle they get announced I'll eat my hat and see you in the crowd.

Titp missed a trick not booking them,would have been one of the highlights.

Saturday radio 1 headliners would have been top drawer.

Who is headlining radio 1 on the Saturday btw?