V Festival 2014 Clashfinder

Guest daniel.k

To me from the poster I'd say that clashfinder is looking pretty good

Id say your top five main stage, headliners for 2nd and 3rd stages are right just from a quick look

slot wise anyway, days maybe wrong.

Id say its main stage

JT KILLERS

SHEERAN NUTINI

EXAMPLE LILY ALLEN

BASTILLE RUDIMENTAL

KAISERS ????

Edited by luckysalt

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil said it in the Glasto Forum so I'm guessing it was in the press release!

Did Neil say Elbow were headlining 2nd stage. From the poster thats what it makes me think

To me from the poster I'd say that clashfinder is looking pretty good

Id say your top five main stage, headliners for 2nd and 3rd stages are right just from a quick look

slot wise anyway, days maybe wrong.

Id say its main stage

JT KILLERS

SHEERAN NUTINI

EXAMPLE LILY ALLEN

BASTILLE RUDIMENTAL

KAISERS ????

if Manics didnt sub Elbow, could they play 5th where you have the question marks? With me being pop and chart orientated I find it hard to judge where older acts should go. Or even Blondie, although I think high in the arena would be about right, its similar to where she played at IOW last year without her headlining the arena. Seriously doubt she would be on the futures stage but with Jamie Cullum headlining it last year anything could happen

Edited by daniel.k

I just want to say something people seem to have missed is in a video posted by v festival rudimental talk about playing the main stage this year in the "sunset" slot, they go on about it being the best slot to play, etc.

So in general people seem to have them too low. If sunset is around 20.00 I assume at worst they are third on, maybe even they could be a sub?

Good work all so far, btw.

Edited by Rusco

I just want to say something people seem to have missed is in a video posted by v festival rudimental talk about playing the main stage this year in the "sunset" slot, they go on about it being the best slot to play, etc.

So in general people seem to have them too low. If sunset is around 20.00 I assume at worst they are third on, maybe even they could be a sub?

Good work all so far, btw.

this was discussed at length i think yesterday, the general assumption is that they've got their sunset times wrong because there's no fucking way they're subbing with only two hits. or so we can hope.

this was discussed at length i think yesterday, the general assumption is that they've got their sunset times wrong because there's no fucking way they're subbing with only two hits. or so we can hope.

I'm not sure. Firstly I have to declare I thought Home was an excellent album and has 7-8 excellent tracks (and had good critical acclaim). However, by August I'm wondering if we may have new music from them?

However, what really convinces me is how they went down last year. Although it was quieter in Weston, I heard at Chelmsford it was stupidly packed and if the figures I heard were right I'm talking busier than The Script who subbed last year. So from that perspective it seems a no-brainer to put them on high.

I cannot see them talking about a sunset slot if they were just guessing. My guessing would be they are on third last, perhaps doing 6.30-7.30 ish ala Jessie J? If they are subbing clearly it would be later, e.g. 7.45-8.45 ish.

Edited by Rusco

the sunset during the script last year (apparently), who subbed, and i just can't seem them subbing, not least because of where they are on the poster - i.e. joint-sixth.

Also, if Rudimental were to play 3rd, that would mean Ed subbing and then put Paolo where? Sub second stage so he clashes with Ed and plays a lower slot than someone further down on the poster. I think Rudimental just got it all mixed up abit. Also, no conformation on if Ed and Paolo will do the same day, I just used their names as they are the first 2 and are under JT. They could be better for V on the same day to sell more day tickets for that one day. I am surprised V havent released something else to us.

• 2 weeks later...

he headlined the third stage last time, and unless he gets a shift on with this album he's not done anything at all since then never mind enough to merit a two stage upgrade.

A sell out American tour could merit an upgrade. Paolo hasnt really done anything but he is co headlining T and looks like subbing V and maybe somewhere high at Glasto. V are looking to the summer with their stage positions, as seen with Lily and Paolo as well as Ed. I think Ed and Paolo to sub, with Lily and Example subbing. Chic to perform before either Lily or Example with Rudimental before Chic. Rudimental will have a big crowd, and V will want a big crowd for Chic so it would make sense if they dont have Chic sub (which I dont think they will).

He tweeted "7/4/14" a couple of days ago ish, either a new single or, hopefully, the actual album. He did say in January that it'd be out "in the next few months"

Hope its the album

Edited by daniel.k