V Festival 2014 Clashfinder

Guest daniel.k

Looking back at previous clashfinders they do seem to be spookily close early on - My question is why have we got the Manics subbing Elbow on Sat at Hylands and Kodaline & Miles Kane & Human League on Sunday there - I have scoured Fan clubs Fansites Facebook Twitter etc etc and can find absolutely nothing! Does someone have 'inside' info?

Someone suggested that Manics deserved no lower than at least subbing elbow, so I put them there. I would have them playing 3rd or 4th on from the start on main stage or 3rd from top on MTV stage, but we will see. As for Kodaline, Miles and Human League I just put them onto a random day, where do you think they should play?

I'm still loving this idea of the "very special guests" being given a worse stage than Train and The Rifles tbh

Where would you have people playing, like Chic and people on the second and third lines of the poster

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would you have people playing, like Chic and people on the second and third lines of the poster

no idea where most of the acts should play but a "very special guest" being hidden away on a stage lower than crap like Train and the mini Swedish House Mafia reunion would just be bizarre, and Neil's already said that V don't have a history of fucking around like that

last year the top three lines of the initial poster ended up as the top three for each day on main and the two 4Music headliners, but that already can't work the same way this year cos they've gone and lumped more people into those first three lines, so fuck knwos.

no idea where most of the acts should play but a "very special guest" being hidden away on a stage lower than crap like Train and the mini Swedish House Mafia reunion would just be bizarre, and Neil's already said that V don't have a history of fucking around like that

last year the top three lines of the initial poster ended up as the top three for each day on main and the two 4Music headliners, but that already can't work the same way this year cos they've gone and lumped more people into those first three lines, so fuck knwos.

Do you think Chic should headline MTV stage then on opposite day to Axwell and Ingrosso? they would clash with JT though, sure a few people on here would be happy about that.

I think the top 3 line are now top 4 for each day and the two MTV headliners, as there are more acts all the way through the line up not just on the 3rd line. Elbow sound like they would play nearly anywhere, so they could sub Chic maybe? Manics 3rd on MTV maybe

Youd think so wouldn't you, but your talking about the same people who put fratellis and pigeon detectives on at the same time

That's true although then again that was a clash at lunchtime which V probably didn't even notice, between two bands only added in the second announcement, not a headline clash between two of the highlights of the entire bill...I guess we'll see eh :)

No reason at all to doubt you. Called the headliners past 2-3 years if I'm right in remembering. You heard owt about elbow up at same time as JT? One thing that's stopping me going this year

If Elbow are headlining the second stage then they surely wouldn't clash them with The Killers..

If they are headlining 2nd stage one of you will be unhappy :P I think they will clash JT and Elbow as Axwell and Ingrosso are doing Killers day

unhappy? i'm seeing JT in Birmingham anyway so I don't really care, in fact if there's another decent act on at the same time I might even be happy, hahaha

Ahh right I thought you were saying it as in you didnt want them to clash.

Pretty sure Nile Rodgers & Chic will be subbing Justin Timberlake on main, guarantees them a big crowd.

Chic ft Nile Rodgers may sub JT

unhappy? i'm seeing JT in Birmingham anyway so I don't really care, in fact if there's another decent act on at the same time I might even be happy, hahaha

Just thought of something, how much of his rumored 3 hour set do you think he will do at V. If he wanted to do a large majority of it ie 2 hours or more, could Chic sub Killers and then the rest of the line up times might stay nearly the same even with JT doing a longer than usual set. Doubt he will do much more than 90 mins though.

When is the JT concert?

It's not a "rumoured" 3-hour set, every single performance on his tour so far has lasted roughly three hours. Although there is an interval in that and also a few cover versions so if he just played all the way through and stuck to his own songs it probably wouldn't come to much more than two hours-ish. Then he could do a Beyonce and cut half an hour just by simply not doing certain songs that are more 'fan favourites' than 'crowd pleasers'. For 'Freakum Dress' read 'Until The End of Time', for 'Schoolin' Life' read 'FutureSex/LoveSound' etc. Or of course as you suggest he could just do the whole damn thing, which would more than explain the apparent lack of a second real sub..

Birmingham concert's April 12th, the last night of his UK stay, I'm so excited :D

It's not a "rumoured" 3-hour set, every single performance on his tour so far has lasted roughly three hours. Although there is an interval in that and also a few cover versions so if he just played all the way through and stuck to his own songs it probably wouldn't come to much more than two hours-ish. Then he could do a Beyonce and cut half an hour just by simply not doing certain songs that are more 'fan favourites' than 'crowd pleasers'. For 'Freakum Dress' read 'Until The End of Time', for 'Schoolin' Life' read 'FutureSex/LoveSound' etc. Or of course as you suggest he could just do the whole damn thing, which would more than explain the apparent lack of a second real sub..

Birmingham concert's April 12th, the last night of his UK stay, I'm so excited :D

Im sure you'll have a great time.

Who do you see as the one real sub and the three not real subs/3rd's. I dont think V would have JT do the longer set but it would be good to see him do.

So am I :P

Chic would be the only one I'd have down as real subbing material. Ed is just about possible because of his Arena tour which has sold really well. But that's it. Paolo Nutini has been away for too long, and unless his album somehow produced five number ones between now and August doesn't have enough hits anyway. Example would go down like a led balloon. And Lily's voice probably isn't strong enough to carry to such a big crowd.

So am I :P

Chic would be the only one I'd have down as real subbing material. Ed is just about possible because of his Arena tour which has sold really well. But that's it. Paolo Nutini has been away for too long, and unless his album somehow produced five number ones between now and August doesn't have enough hits anyway. Example would go down like a led balloon. And Lily's voice probably isn't strong enough to carry to such a big crowd.

Isnt Lily meant to be playing Glasto? her voice will have to carry more there im guessing. I think having Chic makes guessing the positions from the line up positions harder than usual

Isnt Lily meant to be playing Glasto? her voice will have to carry more there im guessing. I think having Chic makes guessing the positions from the line up positions harder than usual

not helped by ticketmaster giving fuck all away with the day tickets though either

Neil said it in the Glasto Forum so I'm guessing it was in the press release!

why can't we have the press release, gahhhhhhhhhh