V Festival 2014 Clashfinder

Guest daniel.k

I am in the process of putting together a clash finder. At the moment it will be very very wrong, but its a base to build on. Ill put a link to it once I have all the names put onto a day, most likely be the wrong day but as I said its a start

Link to clashfinder. It will be updated when new information comes.

http:///s/vfest2014chelmsford/

Likely days
Hylands Saturday:

Justin Timberlake

Chase & Status (DJ Set)

Chic ft Nile Rodgers
Blondie -8pm?
Alesso

Tom Odell

John Newman

Stranglers

Hylands Sunday:

The Killers

Paolo Nutini

Axwell ^ Ingrosso

Above and Beyond

Sub Focus
Train

Edited by daniel.k

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main - JT, Ed Sheeran, Example, Bastille, Blondie

MTV - Elbow, Rudimental, Tom Odell,

Arena - Chase & Status DJ set

Main - The Killers, Paolo Nutini, Lily Allen, Kaiser Chiefs, Manic Street Preachers

MTV - Axwell & Ingrosso, Alesso, Sub Focus

Arena - Above & Beyond

Something similar to that.

Main - JT, Ed Sheeran, Example, Bastille, Blondie

MTV - Elbow, Rudimental, Tom Odell,

Arena - Chase & Status DJ set

Main - The Killers, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers,Paolo Nutini, Lily Allen, Kaiser Chiefs, Manic Street Preachers

MTV - Axwell & Ingrosso, Alesso, Sub Focus

Arena - Above & Beyond

Something similar to that.

This but with Chic subbing JT

Edited by brfcstar

In how much time do tickets sold-out?

I'm thinking of buying the day the Killers are headlining the sunday, a one-day ticket!

While Weston Park in theory sells out its always pretty easy to pick up tickets on the internet or outside the festival in the week leading upto the festival. Not sure about the Essex site though

Unlike some other festivals there is no Id on tickets so getting them last minute is pretty easy. In some cases getting a Sunday ticket last minute can allow you to get it below face value if someone can't go and needs a quick sale

How can you make a clashfinder now when you only know the definite days for the headliners?

We dont even know definate days for them do we? I made it at the moment with half the acts on each day, trying to put acts on the same line shared over the two days. I have everyone on now, the hardest place at the moment is the Arena headliner/headliners. I wont release what ive done yet until I can get a few genre clashes out of the way, but its all guess work, I just like to have something to look at and compare to other festival line ups :D

While Weston Park in theory sells out its always pretty easy to pick up tickets on the internet or outside the festival in the week leading upto the festival. Not sure about the Essex site though

Unlike some other festivals there is no Id on tickets so getting them last minute is pretty easy. In some cases getting a Sunday ticket last minute can allow you to get it below face value if someone can't go and needs a quick sale

I think tickets were available right up to the weekend of V, and there were ticket touts inside the grounds trying to buy or sell tickets once we got there

Right just finished my initial research.

Train is Sunday at Hylands

Stranglers, Blondie and Alesso are on Saturday at Hylands (Blondies sites say 8pm, but will they have times yet?)

Good fast research, I see why you are in the journo game :P If its okay with you im going to start putting names into the first post where we think we know the day and ill use these names