Pukkelpop 2014

TheNewUnion

Yeah, he's not offensive or anything and has a few decent songs I've heard on the radio. Imagine with a full live band he would put on a good show, probably in the Dance Hall.

R&L are announcing their final headliner and a fair proportion of the line up tomorrow. Apparently it's going to be something different to the norm so perhaps we'll have some of whoever they've got too?

Yeah, he's not offensive or anything and has a few decent songs I've heard on the radio. Imagine with a full live band he would put on a good show, probably in the Dance Hall.

R&L are announcing their final headliner and a fair proportion of the line up tomorrow. Apparently it's going to be something different to the norm so perhaps we'll have some of whoever they've got too?

The final headliner is a QOTSA/Paramore co-headline, by the way, and I think QOTSA are nailed on for Pukkelpop. But yeah, should share a fair amount. The Pukkelpop announcement is before the R&L one so hopefully it includes some good ooptions for R&L.

Expect a fairly low key announcement this morning. Seven kids aged 15-23 from the villages around PP were killed in a car crash over the weekend, and the whole area's in mourning.

PP say it's too late to delay the announcement, and it will go ahead, but no one there is in party mood at the moment, so there might not be much fanfare surrounding it.

Edited by Trufflehound

Have to say, quietly impressed - need some time to absorb it fully but plenty on there to keep me happy.

Me too. No curve balls in there, and pretty much everyone on that list has been rumoured on here, but I'm pretty happy for a first announcement.

Can't wait to get my ticket next Monday now. Is this the last year us 2011'ers get an advance sales code?

Edited by Trufflehound

Very happy with that first announcement. No major surprises but very solid throughout imo. Snoop Dogg is a nice addition as I missed him in 2012 and it's great to finally see the likes of Disclosure, Sub Focus, Portishead and Royksopp and Robyn officially confirmed.

I'm absolutely made up that Andy C is back! I tweeted him on Saturday night asking if he would be playing and he replied 'I hope so', which didn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Calyx and Teebee, Dub FX and Drumsound and Baseline Smith will all be superb and I'm very happy with the likes of MK, Dusky, The 2 Bears, Breach, Paul Woolford and Nina Kraviz on the House/Techno DJ line up.

Kelis, Modestep and Clean Bandit will all be great and Klangkarussell were one of my highlights from last year. Keep spotting things when I run down the line up and there's still a good few I've never heard of and will need to check out.

I also made it on to the line up video, about 12 seconds in with Deadmau5!

damn it! i didnt want to go to a fest this year

but with Maybeshewill and Portishead being announced i am very tempted ....day ticket for the sat might be on the cards

but i am very impressed with the rest of the lineup!

will have to decide quickly as i will hotel it this time

It sold out on the 25th anniversary and I think it has since, but I don't think (in the 3 I've been to anyway) it has sold out on day one (or even week one or month one)

in terms of the lineup, so far looking at the following (these are the obvious ones too)

The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Snoop, Outkast, Portishead, Disclosure, Sub Focus, Janelle Monae, First Aid Kit, John Newman, Dedmau5, Editors, Neneh Cherry, Jake Bugg, DJ Fresh, Die Antwoord, Modestep, Robyn and Kelis

Do you know if Pukkelpop sells out? Thanks :)

It will sell out. Ticket sales seem to get faster every year (lots of new kids coming in, but us old lags refuse to retire and go away...). So it may well sell out within a few weeks this time.

But TheNewUnion is right, it certainly won't sell out on day one.

Edited by Trufflehound