Not got a ticket for the first time in years - how do I cope with this weird feeling?

Guest sunnydaysblue

Hi all

Always got a ticket every time ive wanted one- either by me or friends getting for me. Tried this morning. Not a sniff of the order page. It's feels so weird that for the first time I've been unsuccessful. I know there's the resale but lets be honest, chances are slim. How do people cope with this weird feeling you can't go?? Pretty miffed and sad I love that place

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get tickets for the first time ever either. I kind of feel it was just my time to feel the pain, and that I am taking one for the 'team'! I am feeling ok about it though, there is the resale, or working. At this early stage in the day, I have no doubt I will make it through those glorious gates come June. Ask me again if I don't have an 'in' a week before the festival starts and it may well be a different story.... but for now, I will be keeping the faith. Its not over yet x x

I didnt get an October ticket last year but was successful in the resale

The resale really wasn't that bad, got a link early through someone on twitter, was refreshing for about 50 minutes but eventually got in

Standard Wednesday tickets were impossible but coach packages were ok, i managed to get a Thursday one from Bristol.

So remain optimistic, but on resale day you may have to settle for a coach package that's on Thursday or a bit inconvenient

I'm telling myself that I've had a good run.

Been on the bounce since '04 (had to work one) and that is incredibly lucky and against all odds when you think about it.

I don't think I'd like to work it again. You miss so much and I found myself being just that bit too tired to do things properly after my shifts.

Don't give up. There may be several resales next year like they had this year. The April one will be well advertised, massively busy and will sell out straight away, but the others will probably be secret and much easier to get through on.

We got all but 2 of our tickets in the secret sales this year, so don't lose hope. If you are dedicated you will be successful I'm certain.

Get Firefox and that check4change add on. Then, once the April sale is done, monitor the shit out of the landing page. Any page changes are always announced on here, but get ahead of the rest by doing it yourself. (Then tell everyone on here about it)

Make sure you have the full amount in your account from April until you get your ticket.

Believe and it will be. Hope you all get sorted.

Trying not to give up. In all honesty I knew it would be difficult to get tickets this year but didn't really think I'd fail. Always thought if you tried hard enough you'd get one. Still I'm strangely confident that I will be back on Worthy Farm next year. Not sure how tho'. It's going to be a strange feeling when the lineup etc is announced knowing that I haven't yet got a ticket.

THere seems to be a lot more 'regulars' who failed this year - guess it shows just how many people were trying for tickets this year than previously

Edited by Splatt

The thing with the regulars is that previously there have been shortcuts and glitches with See Tickets which have always been posted on here, meaning all the regulars get sorted.

This year I don't believe there was any easy way in. It was simply luck, so way more regulars are currently without tickets.

Dedication is what will turn it around. Some will get sorted in April, but I bet we see most of them getting tickets in the smaller resales as these will not be picked up on by the general public.

Those with tickets will be helping those without right up to next June. Have faith in your efests community.

First year I have not managed to get tickets since 2002 and I honestly do not know what to do with myself. I know I have had a great run of luck getting tickets so many times and that it must have been my turn not to go but its not making things any easier. I had a horrible feeling the week leading up to ticket day that I would not manage to get tickets and despite doing everything in my power I never got past the queuing page.

Even more gutted as I was so looking forward to taking my little boy who had his Glastonbury debut at 6 months last year so at 1 and a half he would have been able to take part in more of the activities in the kids fields.

Spent yesterday trying to find a family friendly alternative. I live in Newcastle and not sure if I want a mammoth journey right down south with my son and the caravan for a festival I do not know. People keep telling me to try in the resales but with running my own businesses and my son it takes a fair amount of planning to get to Glastonbury and I really do not think I could cope if I start planning then do not manage to get tickets.

Anyone got any suggestions of family friendly festivals from the Midlands up over. I remember reading about one in the Lake District last year but cannot remember what it was called.

when do the smaller unannounced resales usually take place ? before the official April one or just ongoing from now til June ?

we are gutted to not have tickets, we have been to every glasto since the early 90's and never had to try the resales. In the early days we just bought tickets from record shops.

It's is a sad and weird experience isn't it, I am trying to put it into perspective and being thankful for the last 20 years but also clinging to hope we might get tickets still.

Hi all

Always got a ticket every time ive wanted one- either by me or friends getting for me. Tried this morning. Not a sniff of the order page. It's feels so weird that for the first time I've been unsuccessful. I know there's the resale but lets be honest, chances are slim. How do people cope with this weird feeling you can't go?? Pretty miffed and sad I love that place

It's difficult to know what to do. I have mixed feelings. I've been to every one since 1998, when I was 17, so I have never missed out, and never been at home watching it on TV and suffering the media bombardment.

Our group has dwindled a little in recent years, as some of them drift off to get married and buy houses and all that grown up shit you're supposed to do in your 30s, but there's still a little hardcore of us going.

However, if I hedge my bets and wait for the resale, most of them will drift off I reckon, and I could end up going alone, or there just being two of us.

On the other hand, I could accept it's the end of an era, the run is broken, and it wasn't meant to be and go and invest the money in a new experience - a festival abroad such as Roskilde, or Sziget, or something such as Bestival, which isn't as good as Glastonbury but at least a few of us would be able to fully commit to it and know we're getting a ticket. But if I do that, I know how heartbroken I'm going to be come June when half of Bristol decamps down the A37, and 6Music and the TV fill up with wall to wall Glastonbury coverage.

What do I do people?

First year I have not managed to get tickets since 2002 and I honestly do not know what to do with myself. I know I have had a great run of luck getting tickets so many times and that it must have been my turn not to go but its not making things any easier. I had a horrible feeling the week leading up to ticket day that I would not manage to get tickets and despite doing everything in my power I never got past the queuing page.

Even more gutted as I was so looking forward to taking my little boy who had his Glastonbury debut at 6 months last year so at 1 and a half he would have been able to take part in more of the activities in the kids fields.

Spent yesterday trying to find a family friendly alternative. I live in Newcastle and not sure if I want a mammoth journey right down south with my son and the caravan for a festival I do not know. People keep telling me to try in the resales but with running my own businesses and my son it takes a fair amount of planning to get to Glastonbury and I really do not think I could cope if I start planning then do not manage to get tickets.

Anyone got any suggestions of family friendly festivals from the Midlands up over. I remember reading about one in the Lake District last year but cannot remember what it was called.

I got my GF a resale ticket last year. Don't give up hope on that. She did have to compromise however and go on a thursday and take a small train journey to York to get the bus but she got there!

I suppose it kind of goes against the green ethos of the idea but have a think now about which coach points you'd be willing to travel to get a coach ticket. They seemed to sell out much more slowly, but then 15k have already been sold.

Edited by Taikonaut