Tickets -- multiple browser tab warning?

Guest robu

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good tips here.

Here are a few from me:

- Co-ordinate and get friends in different houses to try and buy tickets. A joint effort over different locations. I really think this is the #1 plan and requires no technical know how.

- Using your phone and/or tablet as well as your PC is probably a good idea.

- If you're using Windows and Chrome, you can use this plugin to create multiple sessions.

- If you added glastonbury.seetickets.com to your hosts file last year then remove it. In Notepad open %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to check.

Clever people, let me know if anything I've said is incorrect.

I don't know whether a regular browser window and an incognito browser window will create two separate sessions. Running Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari will though. Or use the Chrome plugin I linked above.

--

To revert the hack that you might have added last year to get tickets, here's what you do.

1. Click on the Start button and look for Notepad.

2. Right-click on the Notepad icon and choose Run As Administrator.

3. Click Yes when the dialog box pops up.

4. In Notepad choose File | Open

5. Filename is %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

6. If there are lines that have seetickets.glastonbury.com then remove them.

7. File | Save

8. File | Exit

Hope that helps.

Edited by purell

I don't know whether a regular browser window and an incognito browser window will create two separate sessions. Running Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari will though. Or use the Chrome plugin I linked above.

--

To revert the hack that you might have added last year to get tickets, here's what you do.

1. Click on the Start button and look for Notepad.

2. Right-click on the Notepad icon and choose Run As Administrator.

3. Click Yes when the dialog box pops up.

4. In Notepad choose File | Open

5. Filename is %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

6. If there are lines that have seetickets.glastonbury.com then remove them.

7. File | Save

8. File | Exit

Hope that helps.

Is there an easyway to check if "verified by visa" is on my visa debit card? It is on my credit card, but i rarely use my visa debit online. I don't want to register it if it isnt already as it just adds a step to purchase.

I have used my lloyds debit card 4 times now for Glasto tickets and never been asked to visa verify. (and I definitely have it set up, because I use it all the time)

I think one of the criteria it uses for whether it prompts you for the password is whether you've b0ought from that online site previously. If you have done then it's much less likely to prompt you as it decides that's your normal behaviour.

Edited by eFestivals

I've been on Llloyds Verify for a long time now, and haven't had to enter password details for ages/years (even on new sites).

In the early days, I did have to enter password details.

Don't know why it's changed.

Yes, it's convenient, but surely it removes some of the security, in that anyone could use my card ????

I have verified by Visa too and have to use it everytime on some sites, sometimes on others and never on some.

being international this is a credit card I am talking about and I can't remember if I had to do it for Glastonbury tickets or not so this is probably the least helpful post ever

I think this is the best thread to ask this looking at who is in here and the computer knowledge many of you have.

Can anyone help please. I run windows 8 and I just remembered F5 can be a bit weird with it sometimes. In the app menu browser I can just right click and click refresh from the bottom menu which is fairly quick but in the desktop (which I prefer to use when booking tickets etc as copy and paste etc is quicker in the desktop) F5 doesn't work. I tried suggestions from elsewhere but CTR + F5 causes the cursor to freeze or even disappear (reboot often needed), FN + F5 works sometimes but can freeze it and r + F5 doesn't work at all.

Anyone help with an alternative to auto refresh or having to right click the page and choose refresh from the drop down (losing valuable time each time)

Thanks

I don't blame you for being skeptical...

I am just saying its technically possible. On ticket day you want to be putting the majority of effort into paths you know will work. So to use multiple tabs when there is a warning not to just seems risky to me. Specially as I can replicate the number of hits via other methods.

As for popular opinion... I doesn't really count for much. Specially when you have people putting forward Dial Up is the way to go :P

Good luck whatever you choose.