Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock Werchter prediction, this is based on not having a great deal of info on who's touring and no t knowing how bit certain acts are in Belgium. Here goes;

Thurs

Skrillex

Metallica

Placebo

Dropkick Murphys

Mastodon

Seether

The Pretty Reckless

Fri

Major Lazor

Arctic Monkeys

Nine Inch Nails

Kasabian

Foals

The Maccabees

Papa Roach

Sat

Pearl Jam

The Black Keys

Weezer

Alice In Chains

White Lies

Triggerfinger

X

Sun

The Prodigy

Coldplay

The National

Slayer

Imagine Dragons

Taking Back Sunday

Sum 41

Edited by Verminkt

Rock Werchter prediction, this is based on not having a great deal of info on who's touring and no t knowing how bit certain acts are in Belgium. Here goes;

Thurs

Skrillex

Metallica

Placebo

Dropkick Murphys

Mastodon

Seether

The Pretty Reckless

Fri

Major Lazor

Arctic Monkeys

Nine Inch Nails

Kasabian

Foals

The Maccabees

Papa Roach

Sat

Pearl Jam

The Black Keys

Weezer

Alice In Chains

White Lies

Triggerfinger

X

Sun

The Prodigy

Coldplay

The National

Slayer

Imagine Dragons

Taking Back Sunday

Sum 41

Never been to Rock werchter so It would be great if any of you could answer some of my questions :)

Are they cool with bringing in food and drink (in bulk) into the site? It's just, that way a lot of money could be saved!

Just wondered why the rumours for muse or foo fighter's have died down? Also, where have these new rumours regarding outkast/eminem/kanye west came from?

How friendly are the people there?

Why Coldplay? There hasn't been any news at all around them, it would be very very weird if Coldplay gets booked. Not that I mind, Muse and Coldplay are my favorite bands so if the Muse story is not gonna happen Coldplay is the ultimate replacement for me :)

Nine Inch Nails won't play Werchter, they are already playing a clubshow

I've said coldplay because honestly i don't think anyone knows who the final headliner will be. I'd say Coldplay have as much chance as anyone as we've heard foo's and muse names mentioned but can't see those happening! Think the last spot is very up in the air!

Yes that's fair enough, i was struggling with bands that could play those high spots...

Edited by Verminkt

Never been to Rock werchter so It would be great if any of you could answer some of my questions :)

Are they cool with bringing in food and drink (in bulk) into the site? It's just, that way a lot of money could be saved!

Just wondered why the rumours for muse or foo fighter's have died down? Also, where have these new rumours regarding outkast/eminem/kanye west came from?

How friendly are the people there?

Yeah I get what you're saying. I said the same on another forum. They called me crazy but they said the same thing when I said Blur might play Werchter and hey, that's exactly what happened. Almost every festival is missing a headliner so maybe Coldplay will announce a festival tour and announce them all together at once. It is very unlikely though.

I think the festival in Europe for Muse will be Werchter, Roskilde or Bennicasim (I remember they said they love to play in southern Europe).

Yeah I get what you're saying. I said the same on another forum. They called me crazy but they said the same thing when I said Blur might play Werchter and hey, that's exactly what happened. Almost every festival is missing a headliner so maybe Coldplay will announce a festival tour and announce them all together at once. It is very unlikely though.

I think the festival in Europe for Muse will be Werchter, Roskilde or Bennicasim (I remember they said they love to play in southern Europe). I think the Foo's are a bit unlikely because it seems abvious that an American band will do an American tour first. By the way Muse never said they wouldn't be playing in Western Europe, they just said they wouldn 't do any UK-festivals. Also they said 4 weeks ago that they still had to plan the whole tour of 2014.

In the end, I would say Muse will be the final headliner. They've got money and I think they'll just go over budget if neccasery to at least get a decent headliner for the last day (it's the 40th anniversairy...).

Edited by Will-2609

There is a considerable difference between the Blur situation and Coldplay though. Coldplay has been more specific about their hiatus (ending when their next album gets released, which according to recent reports is end of this year or early 2015). Also, it takes a lot of money to convince a band on hiatus to go back on the road, and seeing that Coldplay is way more expensive by itself (1.3 million for a Mylo Xyloto festival show) than Blur (they're somewhere quite under the million euro mark) it would be a whole lot of money for an act that isn't even that unique.

About your options for Muse: Spanish media are certain Muse will play Spain next summer, and Benicassim has announced it will expand its capacity because they're programming 'something special'...

Coldplay played festivals in 2011 months before the album release. The Coldplay album will definetly be released in 2014 according to this source: http://www.coldplaying.com/?p=18556.

About Muse, that is bad news for me, since I have a friend who can get me free VIP tickets for Benicassim, but 'unfortunatly' my parents booked a vacation to the United States so I won't be able to go there. This friend did tell me once that the owner of Benicassim is a bit of a weird guy who will book some very big bands sometimes and paying millions for them (A specific example was Oasis who played two nights in a row in 2008 I believe).

Maybe I can ask him to inform about Beni but it I don't think that will result in anything but hey, I could try :)

Muse (Like Coldplay) are very unpredictable though. They can say in interviews they'll do the one thing, and end up doing the complete opposite. I think if Werchter is willing to pay like 1,7 million they can easily convince them to play another festival (considering Muse will play Beni). The first Muse show by Muse in Europe is yet announced and it is very close to Werchter http://www.ticketmaster.de/feature/ticket-first/muse/?tm_link=tm_f7&language=de-de. (This also rules out any German festival but whathever)

Not sure if you saw my edit, but yeah, struggling to find it at the moment. I remember a Muse-related Twitter account discussing where they'll play next year and saying that Muse had ruled out Western European festivals. Oh well, I'll let you know if I ever do find it.

But that German show's great news. Fuck I hope they play. I'm going to carry on assuming it's Eminem or Linkin Park, though, so nothing can be a disappointment.

Edited by Verminkt

I don't believe they said they wouldn't play any Western-European festival, becuase in that case your only option is Sziget.

It can never be Eminem, I know that for 95% sure. Just look at Pearl Jam's tour dates and you see that they would be able to play the sunday as well. The fact that they're playing saterday tells me the Werchter organisation has good hope to make a deal with a bigger band :)

I'm active at Festileaks as well, and we often receive information about bands and the organisation and stuff so I'll update you guys if anything said on that forum is relevant.

Edit: Does anyone have a source of the Spanish media saying Muse will play somewhere in Spain?

I don't believe they said they wouldn't play any Western-European festival, becuase in that case your only option is Sziget.

It can never be Eminem, I know that for 95% sure. Just look at Pearl Jam's tour dates and you see that they would be able to play the sunday as well. The fact that they're playing saterday tells me the Werchter organisation has good hope to make a deal with a bigger band :)

I'm active at Festileaks as well, and we often receive information about bands and the organisation and stuff so I'll update you guys if anything said on that forum is relevant.

Edit: Does anyone have a source of the Spanish media saying Muse will play somewhere in Spain?