T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because in the world of music he is a nobody, he is not that popular compared to previous headliners and he is absolutely shite, it would make the lineup look extremely weak

When I said I wouldn't mind him its because I would hope it would show the organisers trying to do something a bit different but as an act I doubt I would watch him

Edited by Gingo

A nobody? He's on one of the most commercially successful rap record labels the world has ever seen. He just sold out a world arena tour, including plenty of UK dates, as well as releasing three of the most acclaimed albums in hip hop. He's already a stronger booking than Mumford & Sons, Snow Patrol, Coldplay and Kasabian who have headlined dating back to 2010. He's hugely popular and would breathe a bit of fresh air into the constant annual rebooking of wet acts with no showmanship or current relevance.

Edited by BGW

Because in the world of music he is a nobody, he is not that popular compared to previous headliners and he is absolutely shite, it would make the lineup look extremely weak

When I said I wouldn't mind him its because I would hope it would show the organisers trying to do something a bit different but as an act I doubt I would watch him

A nobody? He's on one of the most commercially successful rap record labels the world has ever seen. He just sold out a world arena tour, including plenty of UK dates, as well as releasing three of the most acclaimed albums in hip hop. He's already a stronger booking than Mumford & Sons, Snow Patrol, Coldplay and Kasabian who have headlined dating back to 2010. He's hugely popular and would breathe a bit of fresh air into the constant annual rebooking of wet acts with no showmanship or current relevance.

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

If you asked a cross section of people to name a Drake song I think you would find a high percentage not having a clue, whereas if you asked them to name a song from any band that has headlined in the past bar maybe Mumfords I think most people could name one

He is popular to a certain fanbase but so are One Direction and they wouldn't headline because it would be seen as a poor booking despite having record sales and sold out concerts worldwide, there are plenty of other rappers that are much better talent wise and who have done more for the industry than Drake ever will yet I doubt any will headline bar Eminem

Also just because his albums have sold well does not make them acclaimed albums in hip hop that is just ridiculous and having listened to a high proportion of his stuff I find it quite poor, although thats just down to my personal opinion on it

As I said, booking him would show that they are thinking of new ideas on who to book but a headline act would not go down well especially when they are trying to pick sales up

If you asked a cross section of people to name a Drake song I think you would find a high percentage not having a clue, whereas if you asked them to name a song from any band that has headlined in the past bar maybe Mumfords I think most people could name one

He is popular to a certain fanbase but so are One Direction and they wouldn't headline because it would be seen as a poor booking despite having record sales and sold out concerts worldwide, there are plenty of other rappers that are much better talent wise and who have done more for the industry than Drake ever will yet I doubt any will headline bar Eminem

Also just because his albums have sold well does not make them acclaimed albums in hip hop that is just ridiculous and having listened to a high proportion of his stuff I find it quite poor, although thats just down to my personal opinion on it

As I said, booking him would show that they are thinking of new ideas on who to book but a headline act would not go down well especially when they are trying to pick sales up

Re: Drake, he isnt bad persay, but in terms of 2-3 day fests, he just wouldnt headline the top 3/4 fests in the UK atm I'd say. Sure he can top a one day event like the London outdoor gigs but thats where he can attract that type of audience, that type of audience is less likely to sit in a muddy field for 3 to 5 days on end. From his genre I'd say Kanye, Jay-Z and Eminem are still the only acts that have that crossover appeal to the masses that command top billing.

Good news regarding the extended friday, should have always been the case, though I can see them dropping a stage to make up for the time