Why Does Glastonbury Hate Scousers?

Guest ninetyeightytwo

a group of scousers stole my giant hula hoop during Mumford and Sons, then blamed some little kids, got slightly aggressive when I tried to take it back from them as well but luckily I had the support of a lot of people around me...

I have nothing against scousers, though I can see why some people would hold situations like that against them :P

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, we are from liverpool too and have a direct fibre optic link to see tickets :)

First off we were at the hives concert on the barrier and it did sound mostly like cheers to us, (and would of laughed it off if it had been boo,s)

We did come across a quite loud group of scousers from huyton on the sat afternoon, but I got talking to them and they calmed a bit down.

I guess we were lucky to not see any trouble, or hear of any until reading the forum but obviously it must happen.

Lastly after being on the barrier for the stones and witnessing (for me) one of the best gigs I have been to I was saddened when a middle class lady in her fifties said to me as people were exiting and getting a bit squashed that now she understood what it must of been like at Hillsborough. That was one moment I had to bite my lip.

All in all you get knobs in all walks of society and maybe because there was so many scousers there that people got to see more of them in proportion.

Lastly after being on the barrier for the stones and witnessing (for me) one of the best gigs I have been to I was saddened when a middle class lady in her fifties said to me as people were exiting and getting a bit squashed that now she understood what it must of been like at Hillsborough. That was one moment I had to bite my lip.

I've yet to meet a friendly scouser... no stereotyping from me... I was once jumped at V many years ago by 5 and needed hospital treatment.

From that day on whenever I hear that distinctive voice I feel like lashing out.

Yes, I hate the bastards, can not stand them.. seen many this year at Glasto, and the ones I came in contact with were ruffians.

I've yet to meet a friendly scouser... no stereotyping from me... I was once jumped at V many years ago by 5 and needed hospital treatment.

From that day on whenever I hear that distinctive voice I feel like lashing out.

Yes, I hate the bastards, can not stand them.. seen many this year at Glasto, and the ones I came in contact with were ruffians.

You're never more than 6ft away from a Scouser at Glasto.

I just think our accent is stronger and the young people are louder and probably more likely to shout and scream at each other,especially the girls,so you do notice them more.

I also think there is a massive tradition of Scousers coming to Glastonbury so they make an extra special effort to get in,whatever that may be.

I would be very interested to see a regional & demographic breakdown of tickets sold.

I'm a scouser who was also at Glasto (2013 and 2011).

This year I did see a lot more scousers, where mostly a sound bunch, but we do have a few dickheads as does anywhere else.

My opinion as to why there was so many is that a lot of scousers will buy tickets off ebay, blag tickets, other peoples tickets, do the wristband job and just go down there without a ticket to see if we can get in. I wouldn't personally, but I know a lot who are "chancers" when it comes to having a go of getting into Glasto.

Me and my mates are a sound gang and we had many great chats with people from different places.

Sad to report that I spoke to someone today that paid a security firm £300 to get in, he didn't get a wristband, just a security pass and said he kept away from the tents and just stayed in the late night areas to be more discreet so he didn't get checked.

The security bloke that had organised it told him that he has made £10k by this method this year. I'm pants at maths but that sounds like a lot of people getting in.

I'm a lovely lass from the pool and it's horrible when a few horrors manage to give us all a bad name, trust me when I say there's more good in Liverpool than bad :)

My theory is there isn't really that many scousers at Glastonbury it is just humans have evolved to develop an acute ability to hear a scouse accent so to be on guard and protect themselves and their belongings.

but seriously though, take any group from society and you get all types of people whether its a council estate or leafy suburb, where ever in the country or the world. Some people are sound, some are twats.

The scousers camped behind us were disgusting, left babywipes all over the field and yelled on the phone about paying £2 for a cup of tea in the early hours of the morning. I'm not saying all scousers are the same, but these ones were knobs.

I imagine the issue is that people just blow the 'everyone was scouse' element out of proportion.

We heard loads of scousers at this year's festival but did we really? Every now and again when we'd hear the accent we'd say 'more scousers' but that's probably just because it's a lot more distinctive than an accent from Lincoln or Norwich...

The poster who said the two daughters came back and said one in two were scouse...in the style of Rick from The Young Ones: I've told you a million times, do not exaggerate!

I'm sure there are scouse scallys but there is with any lot. Leeds is hardly a beautiful place nor is Peckham. We met a good pair of lasses from Liverpool and spent the night at Stone Circle having a laugh with them over Desperate Scousewives and Vodka Revs. Classic Glasto moment.

The OP does seem a little tight about the issue however! If they shouted my hometown and booed I'd just take it as a joke..!

I'm a scousebird and this was my first time at Glasto and to be honest I was surprised at the number of scousers there. For me that's not necessarily a bad thing as I'm very proud to be from Liverpool, though it did make me wonder whether our internet connection is better up here, so the allocation of tickets would have been weighted in our favour- not that I'm complaining I had an absolute ball!

although I wish they (and every one else would leave their football kits, flags & songs from their respective teams for the actual football, nothing sadder than guys gibbering on about their team at a music event , and have people really no other clothes than football replica kits ?? Sad as fuck.

Edited by Bobs

what happened at v was not good but if it was manchester or birmingham people would you feel the same ?

every part of the uk has good and bad people ?

Edited by marke1

There were a bunch of people near us who were total arseholes. They left everything, tent, rubbish.. .. horrible people

They weren't scousers. How do I 'process' this?

There were a bunch of people near us who were total arseholes. They left everything, tent, rubbish.. .. horrible people

They weren't scousers. How do I 'process' this?

Edited by mrtourette