Why Does Glastonbury Hate Scousers?

Guest ninetyeightytwo

Only came across two people during the entire festival causing any sort of trouble, neither of which happend to be from Liverpool. One girl looked horrified when I shouted after her that she'd dropped her jumper, some people must just be scarred of the accent...

You tend to find that the majority of 'scally scousers' at the festival arent even from Liverpool, but satellite towns like Kirby and Huyton, over emphasizing there accents.

Incredibly stupid and bigoted to even think that each area of the country doesn't bring their fare share of idiots to the festival though

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave a scouse accented young lad a hand when he got his foot stuck jumping over a fence near some campervans. It only occured to me afterwards that he might have been breaking in...

I also got called a "ballbag" for not letting some scousers play with my laser pen.

I bet the lad who dropped his iphone in Bellas field on Sunday night was happy to hear my scouse accent point it out to him. But i would have laughed at them boo's we have had worse thrown at us over the years from the Sun Daily Mail and tory goverment over the year. Yet if it was scousers robbing tents up in the dairy fields I hope they CUT THERE FUCKIN HANDS OFF and lock their parents up for giving them life. I camped up there 2011 and loved it surrounded by People form all over the country and we all had a great time in the mud.

I suppose some of the Scousists on here wont be happy with the Liverbird on top of the Pyramid stage. But I don't care I love you all xxxx Man in a tea towel was my funnniest moment in the bread and roses bar

Being from just outside Liverpool I noticed a lot of scousers at the festival (I can usually spot them from what they are wearing). Out of all the groups I seen, only one group was acting foolishly and they are the one's who are going to give the rest a bad name

During The Hives, their singer was introducing a few members of the audience. One guy said he was from Liverpool, which for some reason elicited an immense boo from the crowd.

It was my first act of the weekend, and I was having a great time. But I went from feeling euphoric to feeling cold and unwelcome in one second.

I thought it was just a few idiots on this forum.

And you are idiots, you who openly express your contempt.

Without guffawing your usual stereotypes (which are no less moronic when tempered by "adorable" emoticons), just what the hell is wrong with every single one of you?

I'm from Wirral so am often mistaken as a scouzer, la. Luckilly, I'm a fine upstanding citizen. But if I wasn't, people would hear my plastic accent and blame the good folk of Liverpool.

I didn't see any trouble, whether it was Cockneys, Scots, Welsh, Irish or wherever but I'll tell you one thing. If Jack had told the Hives he was a Manc, I'd have booed like fuck :)

From our first visit to Glastonbury got the feeling that it was some bank holiday for scousers, that & the grand national as their big days out :-)

Personally I've no problem with scousers, although I wish they (and every one else would leave their football kits, flags & songs from their respective teams for the actual football, nothing sadder than guys gibbering on about their team at a music event , and have people really no other clothes than football replica kits ?? Sad as fuck.

Noticed the Celtic football club crest was part of the pattern in the GLASTONBURY sign at the top of the hill at Park, shouldn't be there IMHO, its got fuck all to do with football.

Edited by Northernsoul45

I did feel like the whole of Liverpool attend the festival this year, the high pitch screech from some of the young girls did go right through me at times, but we had a young group of first timers camping near us and they were all very polite said good morning and always had a smile.

I was camped in that field amongst what seemed like a group of 50+ scousers who all knew each other.

Aside from their constant talk about Ket they were alright and in good festival spirits.

The one cnut who tried to rob my tent on Wednesday sounded like he was from Surrey to be honest (I was in it when he unzipped it). He apologised and made a sharp exit just a nano second before his jaw was to be broken.