Things you had stolen at glastonbury...

Guest dccool

To this day, touch wood.... I've had nothing stolen to date. That's the reason why I like Kidney Mead so much, very little bother in there. When I was past Pennards and the surrounding camp sites near The Park I think to myself I'd never ever contemplate camping up there.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasn't really a theft..but one of my wellies went missing from the entrance to one of the tipis on the path between the Park and the Stone Circle on Thursday night, and was replaced with one that looked pretty similar, but was a size smaller. Wore them back to the tent and didn't need them again after that :-) Would probably have been a bit more concerned if there had been more rain over the weekend..

we found a rucksack on the floor in block 9. handed it to the security. my friend had lost her purse with cards and train ticket home in it earlier that day and got it back at lost property. so it was repaying the good deed.

We found a bag with cards tickets and near £200 in. called See who called the ticket owner and got the bag back to them.

We also found a bag with an iPhone 5 in it at the charge tent. Tried to charge it there but no luck so we took it home and posted it back last week.

Could have paid for my festival with all the stuff we found! I reckon a lot of "stolen" stuff is lost...

Found a bag at Arcadia opened it - and there was some like Armani coat in it..gave it to stewards who said they'd take it to lost property

nothing else we can do really-i cant stand losing stuff be it a baseball cap or a bank card..if I lost bank card/keys/ticket home i wouldnt be able to stop worrying!!

Nothing stolen. Did have my backpack opened in a crowd, but there was nothing of obvious value in it.

Found a wallet next to a staff wristband on the way up the hill of death one evening. No ID in it, no cards but about £25 or £35 cash. Had to walk back down the hill to hand it in to a couple of oxfam stewards. I didn't hold out much hope they'd find the owner, but you never know. It's possible the staff wristbands were tied to someone's ID as they all had different serial numbers on them.

i could feel someone opening my backpack in toad hall* one night. luckily nothing of value in there. turned round to face the person who preceded to give me an innocent 'what?!' even though he was virtually up my backside and there was loads of space. (in the tent i mean)

what a rubbish thief. will add mouse traps to my packing list next time.

*maybe he was a weasel?

Edited by hedgepeg

Thank you to the young lady who warned me somebody was going through my rucksack whilst off me knackas in the Fluffy Rock Cafe on Thursday evening when the rain came....I had a 2 grand camera and lens in there (yeah..I know...). I'm very grateful. Whoever you are, where ever you are, thank you x.

• 2 weeks later...

all the tents around us got robbed apart from our circle, VERY LUCKY and had nothing of any worth nicking. We were on Park and they got hit pretty bad on the Wednesday night!!

After finding out people had been robbed I couldnt help hoping that someone would try to get into my tent (to thieve, not by mistake) just so i could beat the little shit to a pulp i have a feeling they would think twice about unzipping a tent next time cause you never know if you will be greeted by a princess or a pitbull in my case i am the perfect amount of both ......ok maybe more pitbull!!

Nothing and I never have had had anything stolen. Once in the early 90s someone had been in our tent but they took nothing.

Reading of the amount that does get nicked though, I'm not sure if I've just been lucky or have crap gear.

I suspect the latter

my mind was robbed lol

on a serious note reading this its seems as if thieving is on the rise but its no where near as bad as before the fence ......it STILL boggles my mind why people will pay to go to a festi and then go robbing but i suppose once a thief always a thief .

they should have there faces put on the glasto web site as a named and shamed sort of thing........how about getting the shangri la crew to build a cage thing attacthed to one of there mad car things and have them driven around the site lol