Things you had stolen at glastonbury...

Guest dccool

Sat at my tent Wednesday night, at OXYLERS, I got a firm grab on the shoulder, turning round super fast thinking it was a friend of mine nearly punching the guy, to see it was a patrol of three policemen just warning us that there could be thefts, as an IPAD was stolen, they then laughed asking us who would bring a iPad to the worlds best festival... And stayed for a 10 minute chat with us as we were glasto virgins and intrigued on what they thought of the festival... Tbh I was very reassured they they came round although I had put all my groups stuff in the lock ups, as efestivals recommends to do so.... A fucking IPAD! Lol what idiots.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of you seem so edgy though. suppose it's fair enough, but if i heard someone opening my tent (anyone who opens it loud enough for you to wake up sounds like they're probably not looking to rob you) i'd just go 'think you've got the wrong tent mate', not think about the quickest way to kick their head in. would put money on people just getting the wrong tent a decent amount of the time, especially in the first couple of nights

a lot of you seem so edgy though. suppose it's fair enough, but if i heard someone opening my tent (anyone who opens it loud enough for you to wake up sounds like they're probably not looking to rob you) i'd just go 'think you've got the wrong tent mate', not think about the quickest way to kick their head in. would put money on people just getting the wrong tent a decent amount of the time, especially in the first couple of nights

To be honest, i havent even thought about theft in the last 2 Glastonbury's, i guess it has to happen sometime (Chairs, tent bags excl.), but then i'd probably be the worst tent to rob from, they'd steal a few clothes, baby wipes and a bit of beer, my contents really are woefully crap at glastonbury :lol:

i accidentally ended up under a watchtower with stewards as neighbours. it meant i didn't need a torch cos it was constant bleedin' daylight in my tent and at no point was i troubled all weekend. no lurkers, unzippers or general dodgers.

hence why i was too bone idle to use the lock up nearby. i do think people just can't be bothered rather than don't see them.

Seen three guys come over the fence about 6am Friday morning after we'd came back from stone circle ,(we were in baileys) was in two minds about this, on one hand I commend them for their rebellious pirate spirit of jumping the glasto fence, on the other hand I think, I've paid £200 and you've just skipped in! Bastards!:-)lol

I had £80 taken from my wallet in my jeans pocket Thursday night whilst I slept off a drinking session (my jeans where on the tent floor). Luckily (!?) they left my phone. Camping in the Diary Ground. To top it off I lost my wallet on Sunday!!!!

We camped in Darble as we have done for few years now. Touch wood didnt get anything stolen. However there was a security guy that came round ALOT mentioning thefts etc and nosing in our tents as we were sat there! Making comments oh you have a guitar. (It was well inside one of our tents, out of sight) very

worrying.

Edited by JennieT

My girlfriend lost her camera during Mumfords, she was absolutely gutted but went to the welfare by Worthy Farm on Monday morning and it had been handed in :)

Camped in Dairy no problems with any thievery from any of our group or our neighbours.

We were camped against the fence at the far end of Rivermead. On Wednesday night I was woken by our tent being unzipped and heard someone ask if there was anyone inside. I sleepily replied "yes", and the response I got back was "don't worry, we're the police, just checking your tent is secure". Seemed very suspect to me, spoke to te campsite stewards the next morning who agreed was likely dodgey and that there had been a lot of thefts that night. We were also constantly aware of security patrolling along the perimeter, and could hear reports coming through on their radios of people coming over the fence.

Nothing from me, not that they would of got much anyway.

Do agree a high of "theft" of money will just be people spending more than they thought or dropping money, not that it doesn't happen of course! I think me and my friends must be really lucky, never had anything taken at any of the 11 festivals I have been to!

i had my tent robbed of an external battery and some green by travellers working on sit before the festival started

my contact ball stolen from right next to me as I ordered some food

my laughing gas dispenser stolen from my bag during Rolling Stones

my giant hula hoop stolen from me during Mumford and Sons by a nasty group of scouse folk (I got it back)

I've never been robbed in 8 years of going, so I'm not going to let it get me down and just be a tad more vigilant next year :)

I had my B&Q orange trolley stolen on the Wicket Ground Family Camping field, tent neighbour noticed my walking back on Sunday morning after taking half my gear back to the car for early get away on Monday morning, asked if he could borrow this, being a Glastonbury spirit type of guy offered it to him without a second thought that he would steal it, especially as he had kids with him, he packed up and never came back, only cost £18 but it's the Principle of him having the front to come all polite and not having the decency to bring it back, was cursing him at 5am this morning as me and my 12 year old daughter struggled back to car park west 55 which is miles away!

Oh well it did serve me well for 3 Glasto's, 2 Sonisphere and 4 Leeds Festivals!

Was my first Glastonbury this year, had nothing stolen, though one of our neighbours spoke to us one morning to tell us he'd found his wallet outside his tent with nothing left in it. Not sure if it had been nicked from inside his tent and then chucked on the floor after it'd been emptied or if he'd dropped it outside without knowing

We had nothing stolen either although police did warn us about robberies on the Wednesday. I think it's about being vigilant though-you wouldn't leave your front door wide open with a load of cash sitting on the floor so why do it anywhere else. I didn't take a purse but took an old wallet that fitted in the 'secret' compartment of my bag- that way, the only thing pickpockets would see on first site was cigarettes and a loo roll. I left everything in the lock ups including all my money and used it as an ATM. I think the lock ups are very well advertised but people choose not to use them maybe due to 'not being bothered' or having the 'it won't happen to me attitude'. I can not think of one legitimate reason why people wouldn't use them.