Mumford and Sons

Guest kevtamuk

Hadn't Neil been told that Kanye may have been in talks for the third headliner spot? If so, he wouldn't be second choice after Mumford. But it would also mean he'd originally turned it down, and so probably wouldn't accept the slot now. Obviously, this is only if what Neil mentioned about Kanye is true.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the impression that Mumford are trying to be cautious with regards to live dates.

They may well be being optimistic about this guy's recovery, how gutted would they be if they cancelled Glastonbury and he fully recovered, able to play? Taking it step by step, rather than cancelling a whole tour.

I did say after the original announcement that they'd have to cancel the remaining dates for me to believe their Glastonbury set would be cancelled, reckon we're edging towards that point now.

Don't think the replacement would be very good either, understandably :(

Okay just because it's me you won't find this reliable.

But a friend of my sisters (friend of a friend story I know). Who works for Glastonbury Festival, says that Mumford have advised them to look for a replacement if worse comes to worse and they have to cancel. It is believed mumford won't be sure until very close to the event. Which means that a band who has been in talks to play is a target for booking.

Basically long story short, Glastonbury are preparing for the worst.

Edited by Matt42

But a friend of my sisters (friend of a friend story I know). Who works for Glastonbury Festival, says that Mumford have advised them to look for a replacement if worse comes to worse and they have to cancel. It is believed mumford won't be sure until very close to the event. Which means that a band who has been in talks to play is a target for booking.

That sounds about right, its like the U2 situation (apart from the fact there was 6 weeks to find a replacement no 2wks) I personally think that Mumfords won't play so GFL are in the process of covering their ass.... someone give Dave Grohl a call

I am a crazy Foo's fan i've said it for years that Glasto would be the perfect place for them, Dave would love it.... every show he puts everything into it and they always mean so much to him, seeing him cry at Wembley was just incredible, to see that much emotion over a gig.... Eavis give that man a phone call!