thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on JT and think that will happen. For the other I reckon if it's not Oasis then Kasabian. Not sure why people thing Mumford are a shoe in almost for V.

I can see V really bagging mumford next year as their "guitar" headline band pool is pretty small.

And maybe Lady Gaga as their pop name. I dont see Glasto going for a pop name really, alot of people are predicting/hoping for older bands

its not law they go indie/pop headliners you know. They might become a proper fest again and do 2 indie headliners

I can see V really bagging mumford next year as their "guitar" headline band pool is pretty small.

maybe but when has V ever cared about repeating a small pool of guitar bands?

unless they do another arena though or gentlemen's tour, would they go down as festival exclusive? Would knowing they haven't managed to sell out their cheaper T ticket day be an issue?

its not law they go indie/pop headliners you know. They might become a proper fest again and do 2 indie headliners

I know its not law, its just the way most fests are going.

maybe but when has V ever cared about repeating a small pool of guitar bands?

unless they do another arena though or gentlemen's tour, would they go down as festival exclusive? Would knowing they haven't managed to sell out their cheaper T ticket day be an issue?

I dont think Mumfords would be an exclusive, as I think they could do IOW or even bestival at a push. Dont know what they are like for booking people but they have Elton John and Snoop Lion Tiger Dog Cat whatever his name is now, so they must have a diverse taste

I think Arctics will do more than 1 fest due to only Glasto this year. Maybe I'll be wrong and they'll end up doing T and R&L - this is the direct crowd that want them really.

It'd be good to remember though T are pretty much nailed on to have a header at both V and Glasto as well, the years it doesn't happen aren't worth mentioning. But I can't see Biffy headlining V, I just don't think they'll care enough, they like lad rock/indie - Kasabian etc there. If Beyonce plays it, that's out, Kasabian at T will be a nope, can't rule out Arctics.

JT might be the booking to look at for shared - exclusive wireless shows which means he has a market to expand, hell JT and Beyonce on two separate nights with an indie headliner.

I think Arctics will do more than 1 fest due to only Glasto this year, maybe I'm wrong & they'll do T & R&L (even though that is 2 festivals so wtf am I on about) - this is the direct crowd that want them really. Talk like Yoda I do.

It would be pointless to remember though T are pretty much nailed on to share a header at both V & Glasto because purple dragons and yellow beavers equal Nutella, the years it hasn't happened the sacred goat has been here so forget that. Biffy aren't lads & If Beyonce plays it that's out because the grass is green, Kasabian at T will be a nope, can't rule out Arctics because the voices in my head say so.

JT might be the booking to look at for shared- exclusive wireless shows means fuck all but I'll say it anyway. Hell JT and Beyonce separate nights with an indie headliner even though V festival is only 2 days makes sense because red & yellow equal orange & Morrissey subbed Glastonbury in 2011. PATTERNS! We must remember the patterns!

... No offence but that's how your posts sound to anybody else who has a brain & an ability to read & speak standard English.

I think Arctics will do more than 1 fest due to only Glasto this year, maybe I'm wrong & they'll do T & R&L (even though that is 2 festivals so wtf am I on about) - this is the direct crowd that want them really. Talk like Yoda I do.

It would be pointless to remember though T are pretty much nailed on to share a header at both V & Glasto because purple dragons and yellow beavers equal Nutella, the years it hasn't happened the sacred goat has been here so forget that. Biffy aren't lads & If Beyonce plays it that's out because the grass is green, Kasabian at T will be a nope, can't rule out Arctics because the voices in my head say so.

JT might be the booking to look at for shared- exclusive wireless shows means fuck all but I'll say it anyway. Hell JT and Beyonce separate nights with an indie headliner even though V festival is only 2 days makes sense because red & yellow equal orange & Morrissey subbed Glastonbury in 2011. PATTERNS! We must remember the patterns!

... No offence but that's how your posts sound to anybody else who has a brain & an ability to read & speak standard English.

You need to let it go!!!

I'm trying man, I'm trying!!! Just doing my bit to educate the youth of today! Gaz knows I love him really. The forums would be a duller place without him for sure.

Haha fair enough frankley, I dont see much of him now as its very rare I go into r&l and glasto forums. Occasionally pop in this forum but usually prowl the international forum mostly.

Also wayiamgive me some good info on coachelka so im warming to him lol.

"An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"
ah a mighty shame

Taking most large fests, reading and Leeds included, are going more mainstream especially with their new second stage or whatever. T and V are going more pop, glasto might not though

Glasto has been very mainstream(pop) since ive been going to festivals. The good thing is though the lineups so vast they can get away with it at glasto, where at v and titp its perhaps just a bit more noticeable.

R&l wont have much choice to go even more mainstream the way there ticket sales in recent years continue.

Theres nothing wrong with pop to be fair, its just the reality show rejects that are a bit annoying.

Yeah the reality shows aren't good at all but pop acts and chart acts are good. I can't see glasto having a big pop act next year. I think they would go for Fleetwood Mac or someone along with repetitive indie rock bands

Some of the best sets at festivals have been from travis, robbie williams, texas and pet shop boys and I count them as pop.

I'm trying man, I'm trying!!! Just doing my bit to educate the youth of today! Gaz knows I love him really. The forums would be a duller place without him for sure.

I wouldn't me call the youth lol, not when it comes to these fests haha. I wish but not lol

Haha fair enough frankley, I dont see much of him now as its very rare I go into r&l and glasto forums. Occasionally pop in this forum but usually prowl the international forum mostly.

Also wayiamgive me some good info on coachelka so im warming to him lol.

Haha, yeah you remember that. Everyone love or hate me, if I just disappeared, it'd make a difference, if only to yawn at me ;P

In hoping that in 2014 V goes to 3 days. And Richard Branson has invented time travel.. Would then like to see Hendrix headlining Friday, The Beatles on the Saturday and The Clash closing the Festival with Should I Stay or Should I Go.....