thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously didn't get my sarcasm dan, of course she wouldn't play v...a shame though....

I quite clearly did realise you chose an old name at random, Bjork wouldnt play anywhere in UK anyway, and its not a shame shes not popular enough in the charts ;)

V wouldnt sacrifice money to have an old act

Quite an interesting comment there dan, having a mixture of older and newer acts is what v does well. Having the likes of James, travis, ocs brings in the older punters and the youngsters have the new acts aswel.

Aim your festival at mainly one age group is being very short sighted, you only have to look at the decline of reading/Leeds ticket sales to see that.

I quite clearly did realise you chose an old name at random, Bjork wouldnt play anywhere in UK anyway, and its not a shame shes not popular enough in the charts ;)

I never choose bjork as a random, I am a bjork obsessive with tattoos of the great women on my beautiful body.

..she headlined the other stage at Glastonbury about 3 years ago so does play uk, headlined connect festival and did a residency at Manchester international festival so does play in the uk. This is not even mentioning bjork headlining reading festival many years ago and headlining festivals all over the world.

We could get into a bjork debate, it would be like taking sweets of a child so will let you of with this one.

Edited by thetime

Quite an interesting comment there dan, having a mixture of older and newer acts is what v does well. Having the likes of James, travis, ocs brings in the older punters and the youngsters have the new acts aswel.

Aim your festival at mainly one age group is being very short sighted, you only have to look at the decline of reading/Leeds ticket sales to see that.

V wouldnt put an old act on headlining would they? Yeah I know that there are alot of older acts lower down the order, I didnt make myself clear Im sorry

I never choose bjork as a random, I am a bjork obsessive with tattoos of the great women on my beautiful body.

..she headlined the other stage at Glastonbury about 3 years ago so does play uk, headlined connect festival and did a residency at Manchester international festival so does play in the uk. This is not even mentioning bjork headlining reading festival many years ago and headlining festivals all over the world.

We could get into a bjork debate, it would be like taking sweets of a child so will let you of with this one.

Okay I didnt know your extensive body art collection. Many years ago yeah, but thats like Travis and Texas headlining this year, just wouldnt happen. Ill let you 'win' if there was such a thing, I just expressed that Bjork wouldnt headline V as V wouldnt book her. If V were less money orientated then I could entertain the idea

On a similar note something you just said there about the second stage things, I have been thinking for a while what equivalence do you think 4music stage headliner would be if they were on main stage, or Other stage at Glasto. Your pretty experienced in festival matters I guess so what do you think

V wouldnt put an old act on headlining would they? Yeah I know that there are alot of older acts lower down the order, I didnt make myself clear Im sorry

Okay I didnt know your extensive body art collection. Many years ago yeah, but thats like Travis and Texas headlining this year, just wouldnt happen. Ill let you 'win' if there was such a thing, I just expressed that Bjork wouldnt headline V as V wouldnt book her. If V were less money orientated then I could entertain the idea

No problem dan, the older forum member know about me being over protective of bjork lol. If you stick around you will get used to that, although saying that I would be surprised if you know more than 1 bjork song.

On a similar note something you just said there about the second stage things, I have been thinking for a while what equivalence do you think 4music stage headliner would be if they were on main stage, or Other stage at Glasto. Your pretty experienced in festival matters I guess so what do you think

Wayiam would be able to give you a more informative answer to that one. I'm still laughing at beady eye headlining c4 stage, ffs pile of piss.

My other half will be at BE at V & had pre-ordered their album and even he doesn't think they're big enough to headling 4music .

I think 2nd stage headliners are poor at uk fests this year, you only have to look at reading and Leeds for that. Although Glastonbury have portishead and xx which is pure heaven.

Have you not paid attention to last years line up. Stone Roses haven't released anything since 94 I beleive and they headlined. So V would have an old act headline