thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly half of that doesnt flow and its hard to understand, but we will look past that. I dont think Arctics would do V next year, or at least I hope they dont. I dont know if R&L is where they will be as I dont know who did Glasto then R&L the year after

Yeah I get the Arctics not being at V, but they could still end up at T and IOW. You reckon IOW might go for the Biffy, Arctics and Mumford combination? I think the fact that in Mumford - they do have a lot of older fans that love them as well.

Whats been the best line up year for you

2006 by far followed by the fests in the late 90s. V2006 had so many great indie/rock bands and even fantastic pop acts like nerrina pallot.

I dont think this years is that bad but the headliners are not my thing really and of to pukkelpop the same weekend. The wifes of to v for the weejkend though with the girlies.

Looking at the line ups, 2011 and 2012 were to my tastes, but I think this years is real good tbh. Yeah a few clashes I will have to try manage Ill work something out.

How do you usually deal with clashes, do you just pick one act over the other and see the full set or do you watch half then half of the other but be alot further back? You are obviously an experienced festival goer :)

Yeah I think T might go for Biffy and two others, I make so many guesses that I dont know who I think will be there. I dont know if IOW would have Biffy and Arctics but I think Mumfords would be a good guess, same as for V.

I think Arctics will do more than 1 fest due to only Glasto this year. Maybe I'll be wrong and they'll end up doing T and R&L - this is the direct crowd that want them really.

It'd be good to remember though T are pretty much nailed on to have a header at both V and Glasto as well, the years it doesn't happen aren't worth mentioning. But I can't see Biffy headlining V, I just don't think they'll care enough, they like lad rock/indie - Kasabian etc there. If Beyonce plays it, that's out, Kasabian at T will be a nope, can't rule out Arctics.

JT might be the booking to look at for shared - exclusive wireless shows which means he has a market to expand, hell JT and Beyonce on two separate nights with an indie headliner.

Looking at the line ups, 2011 and 2012 were to my tastes, but I think this years is real good tbh. Yeah a few clashes I will have to try manage Ill work something out.

How do you usually deal with clashes, do you just pick one act over the other and see the full set or do you watch half then half of the other but be alot further back? You are obviously an experienced festival goer :)

It varies to be honest depending what mood im in, if I want a dance or rock out. Also who I like best or for example if there touring, the likelyhood of them touring, how much tickets are etc etc.

Still regret seeing muse headlining the second stage when kylie headlined a tent there, I wouldnt go to one of her gigs but would of been ideal at a fest.

It'd be good to remember though T are pretty much nailed on to have a header at both V and Glasto as well, the years it doesn't happen aren't worth mentioning.

Thats this year then? T and V dont share a headliner but yeah mumfords do T and Glasto. I dont know if Beyonce will do fests next year, if she does I cant see it being more than one. There really is only T or IOW for her to do as I dont think she would do Glasto again

It varies to be honest depending what mood im in, if I want a dance or rock out. Also who I like best or for example if there touring, the likelyhood of them touring, how much tickets are etc etc.

Still regret seeing muse headlining the second stage when kylie headlined a tent there, I wouldnt go to one of her gigs but would of been ideal at a fest.

I would have seen Muse all day long, I wouldnt have thought about Kylie but thats me and my choice :) Surely she would have been big enough to be higher than that, but I dont know what stage she was at

I would have seen Muse all day long, I wouldnt have thought about Kylie but thats me and my choice :) Surely she would have been big enough to be higher than that, but I dont know what stage she was at

I used to be a big muse fan in them days, I think kylie played the jjb arena if memory serves me right...

Thats this year then? T and V dont share a headliner but yeah mumfords do T and Glasto. I dont know if Beyonce will do fests next year, if she does I cant see it being more than one. There really is only T or IOW for her to do as I dont think she would do Glasto again

as i said it does happen but it's very rare.

Yeah I don't see her need to come over to do IOW but T and a big outdoor olympic show?