thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on we are missing anyone from X Factor/ Pop Idol/ The Voice

OK I wait to be corrected but for the first pass I cannot see anyone who has had anything to do with a reality vocal show

Was hoping for Passenger - as really thought he would fit into the V demographic so hoping for a further announcement for him

OK I wait to be corrected but for the first pass I cannot see anyone who has had anything to do with a reality vocal show

Was hoping for Passenger - as really thought he would fit into the V demographic so hoping for a further announcement for him

As if no one has noticed that!

I suspect we will get some in the next few announcements (Leah McFall, Union J, Luke Friend for a start)

I think Passenger could be the announcement this week definitely.

If it was Tom Odell last year (mid second stage) and LMFAO the year before (Sub/headline second stage) I guess it will be a second stage act again this year if they do it

I hope X Factor stuff stays out, and I want passenger aswell

47 announced so far

assuming V keep the same numbers as last year:

9 on main each day

10 on MTV each day

11 in the Arena each day

let's assume we know everyone on Main now - that's 18 of the 47; 8 of one day on MTV and 9 on the other is 17 of the 47, 6 of each day in the Arena is 12 of the 47

so we're left with three to be announced on MTV, about 10 in the Arena, the entire comedy stage and the entire unknown bands tent. probably around 60 left to be announced.

Theres 48 on my count

Ricky Wilson is on The Voice. Becky Hill off The Voice series one tours with Rudimental I think. Can't see anyone from X Factor. Maybe that's what Neil meant with the "more credible" thing, because I can't see much else that's changed.

I reckon Clean Bandit may be in the next announcement

Would love to see Clean Bandit. Also I'm disappointed with the lack of Disclosure at pretty much every festival I've been thinking of going to. Does anyone think there's a place for them here?

Overall I'm fairly happy with the line up it just didn't blow me away really like I hoped. Not too into the Killers but i guess that doesn't mean much. Happy about C&S, Bastille and Sub Focus so far.

It's a nice typical v fest lineup.

As we live 5 minutes from V a fair few of my friends/family will go as it ticks the mainstream boxes.

Mates will go for the

Likes of manics/embrace/starsailor/kaiser chiefs/magic numbers, I will pick up a day ticket if embrace and manics play same day.

Edited by thetime

Im thinking top 4 on each day to be released today or friday. I dont know if the pre-release includes day tickets or not, if it does include day tickets I can see them being released today

The bands I want to see will be on the lower stages, so will wait on the full day splits before deciding on a day ticket.

won't day tickets sell out considering JT is so expensive to watch yet you could buy a day ticket and see loads of other bands and JT for less than his normal shows?

Same for Beyonce last year but I think there were a few places that had tickets left last year. Id like V to sell out, even if it is just day tickets at first

won't day tickets sell out considering JT is so expensive to watch yet you could buy a day ticket and see loads of other bands and JT for less than his normal shows?

I imagine so yeah, could be a friendly tout or a poison friend job.

I'm thinking the bands I want to see will be at kendal calling, more interested in that festival than V.

V is my back up plan to see the manics and embrace though.

Edited by thetime

Why's everyone against the killers playing. Am I right in thinking they played last year or year before?

Suppose if you go every year that would be a bad thing for me personally however they are one of the few good acts playing. For years V always had the best line up IMO. Cannot believe how bad it's got. V and Leeds used to get a pretty even split of indie rock bands with V getting the better if anything, nowadays acts like Jessie j being headliner or sub is a joke. It's gone too pop. I don't mind the odd superstar beyonce/JT but as someone said it looks like all the £ has gone on them. Looking back at some line ups at previous V's I've been too (been to 5) 2003 had Coldplay, chilli peppers foo fighters and QOTSA. I know it's a case of each to their own, but for me .. It's gone downhill fast

Why's everyone against the killers playing. Am I right in thinking they played last year or year before?

Suppose if you go every year that would be a bad thing for me personally however they are one of the few good acts playing. For years V always had the best line up IMO. Cannot believe how bad it's got. V and Leeds used to get a pretty even split of indie rock bands with V getting the better if anything, nowadays acts like Jessie j being headliner or sub is a joke. It's gone too pop. I don't mind the odd superstar beyonce/JT but as someone said it looks like all the £ has gone on them. Looking back at some line ups at previous V's I've been too (been to 5) 2003 had Coldplay, chilli peppers foo fighters and QOTSA. I know it's a case of each to their own, but for me .. It's gone downhill fast

I get what you are saying, but Jessie J has never headlined or subbed, she was 3rd last year and thats the highest I can see her playing. V just gives something different to other festivals, you want more indie stuff Leeds is the place to be. Im pretty happy with the line up even though I probably wont see either of the main headliners. Each to their own yeah, but V caters for different needs compared to 10 years ago (Foos Coldplay and RHCP would be good all on one line up now though no doubt about it)

Edited by daniel.k