Ticket Lost by Royal Mail

Guest mattmda

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said before in this thread ; pester people. Don't take no for an answer and don't stop until you've got a satisfactory outcome (a replacement ticket - or, if by a miracle it turns up, your original ticket).

Do let us know how you get on!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advice, it certainly helped!!

After reporting my ticket being lost by the Royal Mail 3 weeks ago, I contacted See Tickets who said they would contact Royal Mail and Glasto and get a new ticket re-issued. After waiting over a week I had no response or update so I contact ST again and the next person I spoke to said it will take up to 6 weeks to get sorted ( err the festival was 28 days away at this point) and that Glasto are not re-issuing tickets but I may still be able to get a refund. Not the answer I was looking for so made a complaint with one of the team leaders and decided to take matters into my own hands and contacted Glastonbury and the Royal Mail. I got confirmation from RM saying they had lost the ticket ( therefore doing ST job as they hadnt even contacted RM at this stage) and sent everything across to all parties to get the ball rolling. Glastonbury then said, they do not issue new tickets but I then pointed out their T&Cs that "all signed for tickets that get lost will not be re-issued"...I never signed for my ticket so that does not wash. This was after seeking advice from CAB who said they had a responsibility to honour and replace the first item that I had paid for as through no fault of my own, it had been lost. I then took the Social Media route as well and kicked up on Glastos page and they replied which I think also helped in getting the ball moving whereas See Tickets deleted my post within minutes of it going up - WTF!!??

Eventually this morning ST called and said I need to go to the Box Office on the Wednesday 10am and I can get my new ticket.

I have spend over 13 hours trying to get this fixed ( trips to the RM depot, phone calls, emails etc) and has caused nothing but stress and grief to the point hat I had given up, asked for a refund and wanted nothing to do with either of the companies again. You wouldnt go to a restaurant if the person taking the booking was rude to you so why should this be any different. The whole idea had been poisoned in my head and had actually put me off attending altogether ( I am a Glasto Virgin so have been extremely excited for almost a year about this only for it to almost fall apart at the last hurdle)

Has not been a pleasant experience and in all honesty, I will never go to an event that See Tickets are doing the ticket sales for as I think they are a bunch of cowboys and typically, when demand outstrips supply, they like any big company dont really care about the customer. Very unprofessional!

If this happens to anyone I would suggest hounding both Glastonbury and See Tickets into submission. Its really not the way business should be run but at the end of the day, it has been sorted and I am still going. Happy days.

Thanks again all and hope the ones that are going have an awesome time :)

Glad you finally got this sorted out mate.

For what it's worth, I'm beginning on the same journey as you. Almost exactly the same issue as you - tickets despatched by recorded delivery 3 weeks ago - haven't arrived. See Tickets are investigating at the moment, but have said that they cannot guarantee I get a replacement.

I really don't understand the point of recorded delivery if this is what happened.

result!... well done

seems like it's the Royal Mail who fucked up though, no? I realise See could have been a bit more helpful, but they didn't 'lose' the ticket

anyway... onward and upward..

are you going to see The Stones..?

Glad you finally got this sorted out mate.

For what it's worth, I'm beginning on the same journey as you. Almost exactly the same issue as you - tickets despatched by recorded delivery 3 weeks ago - haven't arrived. See Tickets are investigating at the moment, but have said that they cannot guarantee I get a replacement.

I really don't understand the point of recorded delivery if this is what happened.

good to hear you got there in the end, skaramanga. it's a shame you had to go through so much to get what is rightfully yours but don't let it colour your experience.

vanderlyle - take heart from this story. and make plenty of noise. how long have see been investigating for? have you alerted the festival office etc about it? i'd not be waiting for see to do the right thing personally.

good to hear you got there in the end, skaramanga. it's a shame you had to go through so much to get what is rightfully yours but don't let it colour your experience.

vanderlyle - take heart from this story. and make plenty of noise. how long have see been investigating for? have you alerted the festival office etc about it? i'd not be waiting for see to do the right thing personally.

Well, scary thing is, that when they send tickets overseas to Europe, Royal Mail will stop tracking tickets when they hand them to national post service. I did get my ticket eventually, but they didn't even need my signature upon delivery. It was just some envelope which could get lost without any problems. I think that if I will to to the festival in future, I will preferably collect my tickets on bus or at box office at festival.

• 2 weeks later...

These are examples of what I feared with the change to Royal Mail, and have posted about on other threads.

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous how this arrangement works.

My tickets were signed for by my neighbour, without my consent mind, it was the postman who decided to do this. What if my neighbour had lost them before I picked them up?

It's very simple. The tickets should be COURIERED to ONLY the address on the ticket and signed for by ONLY the person who's name is on the ticket.

Using Royal Mail is the cheap and nasty option and leads to things like this.

Anyone caught foul of this has my utmost sympathy, they really do.

I would echo the advice. Be absolutely persistent with chasing See/Glasto on this.

These are examples of what I feared with the change to Royal Mail, and have posted about on other threads.

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous how this arrangement works.

My tickets were signed for by my neighbour, without my consent mind, it was the postman who decided to do this. What if my neighbour had lost them before I picked them up?

It's very simple. The tickets should be COURIERED to ONLY the address on the ticket and signed for by ONLY the person who's name is on the ticket.

Using Royal Mail is the cheap and nasty option and leads to things like this.

Anyone caught foul of this has my utmost sympathy, they really do.

I would echo the advice. Be absolutely persistent with chasing See/Glasto on this.