Ticket Lost by Royal Mail

Guest mattmda

Well, scary thing is, tcustomersthey send tickets overseas to Europe, Royal Mail will stop tracking tickets when they hand them to national post service. I did get my ticket eventually, but they didn't even need my signature upon delivery. It was just some envelope which could get lost without any problems. I think that if I will to to the festival in future, I will preferably collect my tickets on bus or at box office at festival.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its very scary, I would have been chaining myself to Post office/See tickets office protesting if it was me

A bit off subject - but one to look out for - you can obviously just cancel tickets with just a name/postcode - and like I did 1 year change address - without a group knowing

Glad its sorted for you

I got a batch of tickets diverted to my new house rather than my ex's - as she threatended to tear mine and a group of friends up (need I say more?!)

I simply rang See tickets - mentioned I moved house - the tickets arrived a number of weeks later to me - tempting as it may sound (I didnt deliver hers in pieces) I handed the ex' ticket to her dad - I think she also tried to Glass me once somewhere on site one year - but it was a paper cup - anyway it was also a good free half pint of cider - sharing and all that...

These are examples of what I feared with the change to Royal Mail, and have posted about on other threads.

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous how this arrangement works.

My tickets were signed for by my neighbour, without my consent mind, it was the postman who decided to do this. What if my neighbour had lost them before I picked them up?

It's very simple. The tickets should be COURIERED to ONLY the address on the ticket and signed for by ONLY the person who's name is on the ticket.

Using Royal Mail is the cheap and nasty option and leads to things like this.

Anyone caught foul of this has my utmost sympathy, they really do.

I would echo the advice. Be absolutely persistent with chasing See/Glasto on this.

These are examples of what I feared with the change to Royal Mail, and have posted about on other threads.

My tickets were signed for by my neighbour, without my consent mind, it was the postman who decided to do this. What if my neighbour had lost them before I picked them up?

It's very simple. The tickets should be COURIERED to ONLY the address on the ticket and signed for by ONLY the person who's name is on the ticket.

I would echo the advice. Be absolutely persistent with chasing See/Glasto on this.

This.

I was absolutely livid when I came back to my home address to find that the envelope with my two tickets and campervan pass had been posted through the letter box with a handwritten note on the front saying 'signed for by postman'

It appears that the courier service for the tickets met my local postman at the front door to the house. They handed it to him and he posted it! My friends have been lauging at me, asking me what the problem is (as I now safely had the tickets). As much as my local postie is evidently a nice guy, in principle they should never have passed my tickets over unless that person could show the correct ID or proof of address...The system should be stricter with the tickets being so valuable.

Looks like my friend is now in the same situation with a ticket that was allegedly attempted to be delivered. No "we called while you were away", nothing was signed for and allegedly the Royal Mail sent it back to Seetickets. See claim they don't have it now and my friend is trying to escalate it. What has been the course of action that has worked in getting this sorted? Way I see it there is no evidence that the ticket ever existed and Royal Mail / See can say whatever they like but it should be reissued.

This.

I was absolutely livid when I came back to my home address to find that the envelope with my two tickets and campervan pass had been posted through the letter box with a handwritten note on the front saying 'signed for by postman'

It appears that the courier service for the tickets met my local postman at the front door to the house. They handed it to him and he posted it! My friends have been lauging at me, asking me what the problem is (as I now safely had the tickets). As much as my local postie is evidently a nice guy, in principle they should never have passed my tickets over unless that person could show the correct ID or proof of address...The system should be stricter with the tickets being so valuable.

Exactly.

The issue here is that posting through a letterbox OR posting to a neighbour is simply unacceptable, and evidently happening a lot.

Given the nature of these tickets, they cannot simply be replaced. A refund essentially means very little.

The use of the Royal Mail is therefore fundamentally flawed in this respect.

I am not here to defend DX. However, a "proper" courier company e.g. FED EX, DHL, ensuring delivery to ONLY the address would solve these potential issues.

Edited by dondo

As Mardy says, the problems of the last couple of years with D-X have made the return to the Royal Mail a welcome relief. In 2010 all went smooth for me but many had complaints here, in 2011 I was one of them along with similar numbers. The evidence of the reduced number of complaints around here this year at least suggests things have gone much better overall.

With regards to authorised signatories, I am pretty sure that this is within the terms of special deliveries, but I find that this is something that very much varies from courier to courier and the individual coming to your door. We deal with couriers alot at work and they ALL have their pros and their cons, their good months and their bad months, it's how a company deals with things when they go wrong that is the mark of their quality.

This.

Had some bad family news which means I cannot attend with my family.

Can you still transfer tickets or is it to late? I have emailed Glasto and See Tickets but not had a reply. I hope someone on here can help.

If you stop to think about it.... if a postie is going to steal your tickets, they're going to steal your tickets regardless of whether or not you're in the house. The chance of the postie stealing your tickets from you has nothing to do with whether or not they sign for your tickets themselves.

If anything, you've probably got a better chance of your tickets not going missing if the postie sticks them through your door than if they send them back to the depot.

I'm sorry that you had to walk presumably 10 meters next door to your neighbour's instead of all the way to the sorting office to collect your tickets.

You may have noticed that in general there are far fewer complaints about Royal Mail this year than there were about DX / SMS in previous years. Please don't fuck it up for the rest of us who rather don't mind our postie's liberal interpretation of the rules as have better things to do on a Saturday morning than schlep to a sorting office and stand in line for half an hour to collect our tickets.

Edited by preacherman_1