Ticket Lost by Royal Mail

Guest mattmda

Unfortunately you can't get a refund, and furthermore the option to transfer has never been available.

I think the only option for you is to sell it for face value to someone willing to take a chance on the photo on the ticket, or you give it to a friend.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply, I dont want to sell them in case someone gets refused, wouldnt feel right. I will speak to my friends to see if they want to take a risk. Thanks again, gutted about not being able to go but I hope you all have a good one

You assumed when asked if you would still have this view if your tickets hadn't appeared you assumed that meant the postie stealing it.

what about had it been given to a neighbour and they lost it? it would have been signed for so no chance of a re-issue cause as far as everyone's concerned you got your ticket and lost it, so its your own fault.

what if it was posted despite you not being in and someone came along to sell you something or whatever realised you weren't in spotted the note saying signed for by postman and swiped them?

I think it's quite a strange view to have considering you've just been ripped off on special delivery and there is a chance you then don't get your ticket and won't be re-issued one as you technically signed for them.

I've personally never noticed any problems with delivery since i've been attending though so no complaints.

I'm waiting for tickets for a show on Saturday that are 'somewhere' in the DX system. It is always a headache with them... Whenever I have tickets delivered by them, it never seems to be easy, and it always seems to involve multiple phone calls. They claim to have been at my house, when there's no calling card left, etc etc... And if ever I need to collect the tickets from their delivery hub, it's miles away.

I would far rather 'be ripped off' on Special Delivery than deal with DX. I would far rather the postie stuck tickets through my letterbox than me spending hours chasing the tickets down, visiting a sorting office. And if ever I had such an acrimonious relationship with my neighbour that they stole my mail, I wouldn't hesitate to call the police. And I'm sure that GFL would deal with it in the same way as other lost/stolen tickets.

I am still in two minds about the way my tickets were handled this year. Of course I am grateful that I have a trustworthy postman who scribbled a note on the top of my tickets and posted them straight into the house. Yes, he did save me having to make a trip down to the local depot, but this method is not the 'special signed for' delivery we have all put our money and trust towards.

If I am not at the house when the tickets should be signed for, then this is my problem and I should fully expect to travel to the depot (where I would have at least have a clear reference point to collect my own tickets).

If I had lived in; for example, shared accomodation, then what was to stop those tickets from going missing once dropped through the letter box? Without my signature or a family member's signature, you would have problems.

I know it is being pedantic, and the odds of the postman ripping you off is slim to none....but it is just the principle of it.

Yes. I would still call the police. And explain to the neighbour that it's necessary for insurance.

Frankly I think the chances of this are so remote, that I don't really view it as a risk, so not getting upset over. I'd rather accept the risk and have a more convenient postal service.

I've also had "unreplacable" tickets shredded by a flatmate who signed for them be replaced. I'm really not too worried - if a neighbour "lost" them, I'm 99% sure GFL would sort you out, albeit after a lot of huffing a puffing.

Edited by preacherman_1

Royal Mail have lost my tickets, Seetickets are waiting for a definitve answer off them to confirm this and wont go to Glasto to put my case forward until they get this.

I'm supposed to be driving 4 people up on Tuesday and I'm now getting to the point of a mental breakdown.

Have most people been able to get tickets sorted if its the Royal Mails fault?

seems like a lot of effort, are you sure you would have time to get the police involved and huff n puff to the festival? in an earlier post you were too busy to go to a sorting office on a saturday...

and what exactly do you think the police will do? unless there is evidence of a crime I don't see why they would be involved, i'd even say phoning them in a situation such as your neighbour losing your tickets that they shouldn't have had in the first place would be considered wasting their time.

I'm aware the odds are all very slim that stuff like this would happen but as has been mentioned in principle you've just been ripped off for special delivery you paid for a service and did not receive that service and potentially given yourself more work trying to re-issue a ticket all because the friendly postie just signed it for you or gave it to a neighbour rather than doing their job.

Royal Mail have lost my tickets, Seetickets are waiting for a definitve answer off them to confirm this and wont go to Glasto to put my case forward until they get this.

I'm supposed to be driving 4 people up on Tuesday and I'm now getting to the point of a mental breakdown.

Have most people been able to get tickets sorted if its the Royal Mails fault?

Well as DX did it previously and you appear to have objected to the change from DX to Royal Mail, as well as advocating courier companies instead of Royal Mail (below) I would say that supporting or justifying DX (and certainly courier companies in general) is exactly what you are doing.

Despite your description of Royal Mail as the 'cheap and nasty' option, the clear indications from the majority of posts on this board (both in complaining about courier delivery in previous years and supporting Royal Mail delivery this year) suggest the exact opposite.

The fact is that the switch to Royal Mail seems to have produced a marked improvement in service for most people, both in the initial delivery and also in sorting out any problems when they have arisen. I understand your point to some extent about the neighbour signing, but this concern alone goes nowhere near justifying a return to courier delivery in the light of the overall improvements from the DX years that Royal Mail delivery has produced.

It's called weighted averages. You're talking about a guaranteed 30-60 mins hassle every time (I work, so am never in during the week) vs maybe 5 hours of hassle if it goes wrong, which I estimate is about 1% of the time.

So a guaranteed 30-60 mins hassle, vs 5 hours averaged out = 30-60 mins hassle vs average of 3 mins hassle. I know what I'd choose.

Now admittedly everyone probable has different weightings - but in my case, and the case of most people who work 9-5 - this is pretty standard.

It's also worth remembering that nobody has actually posted on here with "my neighbour has stolen my tickets" whereas several have posted saying "royal mail has lost my tickets" - having the tickets popped through your letterbox vs returning them to the depot means you have less chance of RM losing them.

I don't really consider myself to have been ripped off on postage either. I'm more angry when I pay a fiver to have something delivered to me that then obliges me to waste my own time tracking the item down at the sorting office.

What annoys me is that I am been treated like I have lost it. Royal Mail lost it at there depot on the 22nd May. I didn't track it until the 10th of June and have been in discussions with See Tickets since last week. They say they are waiting for Royal Mail to give them a definitive answer to weather it is lost or not. I called Royal Mail and the guy said from his experience it will be lost. I now have to call See Tickets tomorrow to find out if they have got a definitive answer then put my case forward to Glastonbury who only deal with each case individually. See Tickets repeatedly tell me they cannot guarantee entry although I have a strong case. My stress levels have gone through the roof because of this! I'm supposed to be driving a car full of people down on Tuesday night and still no ticket. It's really taken away all excitement for the festival for me this year. Fingers crossed!